Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I bought my 08 trailblazer lt used back in July with 94k miles. The vehicle was a fleet vehicle, then sold to some people in west Virginia and was well kept. Everything with the vehicle has been great...except the mild slowness of the front passenger window. In the summer it was fine, unless the car was off, in accessory mode, and the window took a while to go up or down. Its been getting slower and slower. In fall, I had in accessory mode and went to roll it up with the driver door control...it stopped half way. I let off the switch, tried again, it continued up but at a snails pace. Now that's it's colder out I'm getting worried. It gets stuck when it's frozen like normal...but I still try to get it down when I think it should be thawed...I'm scared of burning the motor.. :(

Today as I was leaving work, me and my fiance get in the vehicle. He tries to see if the window will go down. It does. And it won't stop!! It goes and goes, and won't come back up. My window and the back windows are fine. So I try my control on the driver panel...noting on the passenger window. My fiance gets into the fuse box in the engine, couldn't find a fuse with anything window related...so he finds one he thinks might be it..pulls it, car shuts off. Turn it back on, it's idling weird, dash lights on, window still not doing a thing. Shut it off again. Try with the remote start, comes on, runs fine, he tries the passenger switch, it goes up very slow, stops, we use my switch, goes up slow stops, he helps it up with his hands...the end.

Sorry it wa so long, but I want to be detailed so I can get some help. Anyone have any ideas? Please. I have a warranty on it from the dealer covering electrical.

Thank you. :confused::sadcry:

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
450 Posts
If you have warranty, take it to the dealer. It's either binding in the window tracks or the motor is on the way out.

Doug

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Doug. I plan on calling them in a bit. I just like to have some kind of idea before I call them. The other thing I forgot to mention was that some gatorade was also spilled on it just before we got to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts