Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Trailblazer, has been sitting for a very long time, both front calipers seized, replaced front calipers, brakes all the way around, and a new master cylinder. I am old school, I haven't been brake certified since 1981, which means I know nothing of ABS.

I have no air in the lines, awesome fluid flow, Rock hard pedal with engine off, start engine, pedal will go almost to floor, with a sound of lightly rushing air under dash. All test for vacuum booster indicate that it is fine, but I'm beginning to have my doubts. At the same time the symptom isn't what my memory of a vacuum booster acts like when it's bad. As I recall with a bad vacuum booster you'll get a solid 2 foot brake pedal to stop the car. I'm 61 years old on disability, I've done this sort of work all my life, but the sun and the heat are killing me. Please help

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
310 Posts
Did you try driving it around your driveway? I remember when I did my brakes and changed the fluid the pedal was doing similar things as you mention. However, once I drove around the parking lot a bit all was good, pedal was right where it should be.
Only other thing I can think of is air in the system. For me, a vacuum bleeder worked well. If you can move the car safely, try activating the ABS on a gravel or wet road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts