Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

I like to plan ahead and this is exactly what I am doing here. If I decide to purchase a GMT 360, I need to know how my stereo is going to work. I do not want to sacrifice any rear storage and want more than a single 10" sub. My question: could I fit a 12" sub under the center console? Has anyone tried this?

If not, where could I place a 12" sub (or two) without taking up rear cargo space?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
the only time ive seen a center console build is a truck where there was no center console to begin with. and it is usually a 8 or maybe a 10. but i guess we've already decided that it isnt possible. subthump is the best if you dint want to loose cargo area. but really, how loud does a single 12 get. you need 2x 12 ported at least, i mean, come on... :D

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
If you want to save space, check these woofers out.

http://blog.sounddomain.com/gadget/2008/01/realm-introduce.html

I think they are pretty cool.
I neat idea that prssibly never made it out of the box. The information for the speaker goes back to January 2008, but I cannot find a site that sells them to get pricing information. Makes you wonder? I would like to hear a low profile speaker but I am very skeptical that it can produce good sound much less the SPL that the ads refer to.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
I neat idea that prssibly never made it out of the box. The information for the speaker goes back to January 2008, but I cannot find a site that sells them to get pricing information. Makes you wonder? I would like to hear a low profile speaker but I am very skeptical that it can produce good sound much less the SPL that the ads refer to.
Well perhaps I should have given you this link instead of the first thing that popped up on google:duh:. Some of these are rated pretty high by consumers.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
61 Posts
Hey guys -

I like to plan ahead and this is exactly what I am doing here. If I decide to purchase a GMT 360, I need to know how my stereo is going to work. I do not want to sacrifice any rear storage and want more than a single 10" sub. My question: could I fit a 12" sub under the center console? Has anyone tried this?

If not, where could I place a 12" sub (or two) without taking up rear cargo space?

Thanks in advance!
This setup I built works very well on saving cargo space. I have a big dog and that is his space so I didn't want to fill it up with speakers. So I built this fiberglass enclosure to fill up the wheel well and also fit a 10 inch sub. Trust me the thing pounds. I looked at building one into the center and there just isn't much room. Build it into the side wall, you will love it. I have pictures of the whole build in the stereo picture posting forum. Not sure what the thread number is though. Good luck and happy building.

:thumbsup:

Take a look at this thread http://forums.trailvoy.com/showpost.php?p=741078&postcount=79 In regards to my last post. Sorry

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
if you did put a sub under the center console and had change in the cupholders like most people do,,,your coins would go bouncing everywhere ever time the bass hit.:dielaugh::dielaugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts