Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I just acquired a 2007 TB LT 4WD with the 4.2. (I hope I put this in the right place).
I was planning on placing my Garmin GPS on the windshield via the sticky suction cup that comes with it.
Instead of using the cigarette lighter outlet, I would like to hard wire it to a more permanent location in a fuse block.
I looked in the panel by the dashboard on the driver's side, but there are no fuses there.
There is a fuse block under the drivers side rear seat.
Would it be good to wire the GPS in that location?
If so, which fuse should I use?
I would like the GPS to turn on/off with the key.
The cigarette lighter sockets are hot all the time on my truck.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,394 Posts
Be Ye very careful from where you attempt to tap into electrical circuits --- the computers won't like you.
.... and keep that 12V test light out of there! You can load down a 5V circuit and do a lot of damage.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,394 Posts
If you figger out where in a TB to put a GPS -- let me know where I can mount a Johnson 4x4 speaker .... ok?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Greetings,
I just acquired a 2007 TB LT 4WD with the 4.2. (I hope I put this in the right place).
I was planning on placing my Garmin GPS on the windshield via the sticky suction cup that comes with it.
Instead of using the cigarette lighter outlet, I would like to hard wire it to a more permanent location in a fuse block.
I looked in the panel by the dashboard on the driver's side, but there are no fuses there.
There is a fuse block under the drivers side rear seat.
Would it be good to wire the GPS in that location?
If so, which fuse should I use?
I would like the GPS to turn on/off with the key.
The cigarette lighter sockets are hot all the time on my truck.
Thanks in advance.
I put my gps on a mount that attaches to the ac vent, works great there, easy to plug into the power outlet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is what I was looking for....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not yet...been working on other issues. At this moment it is in a transmission shop. I was told it has a P0478(?) code. Waiting for an assessment to see what it needs.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,394 Posts
Not yet...been working on other issues. At this moment it is in a transmission shop. I was told it has a P0478(?) code. Waiting for an assessment to see what it needs.
How does a P0478 code, which means that there has been an abnormally high voltage reading from the exhaust system back pressure control valve circuit ... comport with a bad transmission? .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got it back from transmission place. Also has code P0948. I was told needs a rebuild at cost of $2700.00.
Wife wants me to dump it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts