2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sonicelectronix had buy one get one free on kicker subs, all sizes so I was thinking about that one too.

And Gavin, I didn't have the money at the time. I just got a job yesterday so now I have ample funds to finish my system.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought you worked with a legal assistant
I periodically fill in for the receptionist at a law office but that wasn't constant. I got a dish washing job at a restaurant so now I work every other weekend 150 a weekend.

And since I'm selling my fourwheeler that money will sit in case something happens to my TB. I have 400 at the moment and that can go to a sound system because the 150 every other week will pay for gas and insurance.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:eek:fftopic: (I think)

And I am trying to keep as low profile as possible because my truck is the only vehicle we own that is able to haul larger objects and I don't want to have to take out my sub box every time we need to. The Pioneer box is only 6" deep.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would I be able to find a pre-fabricated box for that? I do not have the means to do that here.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I have a Jensen VM9223 HU ready to install when I get my GMOS issue sorted out.
Just curious, what issue are you having with your GMOS? I read the reviews for that adapter on Crutchfield.com and was iffy on getting one for my Pioneer HU. I got one at the local best buy and it was crap. :mad: The only thing that worked was the reserve power until you open the door. I ended up taking it back, and just hardwiring the speaker lines.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just curious, what issue are you having with your GMOS? I read the reviews for that adapter on Crutchfield.com and was iffy on getting one for my Pioneer HU. I got one at the local best buy and it was crap. :mad: The only thing that worked was the reserve power until you open the door. I ended up taking it back, and just hardwiring the speaker lines.
Mine was constantly giving power to the HU so it never turned off. The chime worked for a little while then quit. Since it never lost power it would stay on without the key on and the door open so I couldn't hook up an amp because it was constantly giving signal.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Wow, that's definitely worse! Mine had virtually no volume output, I had to max the HU out at 62 (normal operating range for me is 30-45) just to get conversational level sound, and it was all distorted.

Hopefully another company will make a better quality adapter that isn't so hit or miss.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the company I ordered mine from had terrible customer service and sold my replacement unit so I just sent the defective one back today for a refund and ordered a new unit that will be here beginning of next week. I will let you know how the installation of that unit goes.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Well the company I ordered mine from had terrible customer service and sold my replacement unit so I just sent the defective one back today for a refund and ordered a new unit that will be here beginning of next week. I will let you know how the installation of that unit goes.
How did that new GMOS unit workout for you, any issues, or is it doing the job? You figure out what direction you wanted to go with your sub box? Inquiring minds (namely mine) wanna know :undecided

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How did that new GMOS unit workout for you, any issues, or is it doing the job? You figure out what direction you wanted to go with your sub box? Inquiring minds (namely mine) wanna know :undecided
The new GMOS works great. I am doing a Pioneer Premier TS-SW1201S2 in a pre-fab vented box for now. I will be building one and in the future but I am having amp issues so I have no idea when it'll be hooked up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.