Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! Im looking to install the Pioneer AVIC F90-BT in my TB. Has anyone installed one of these or a similar Double DIN unit? Can you post pics so i can see what it may look like after install? Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
I have a Pioneer FH-800BT installed in my TB. I love it. Looks great, sounds great... no pics right now, but i'll go out to the truck on my lunch break and take a couple...

Just found this thread...
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=52264

Thanks chevtrlblzr for posting pics... LOL

Granted, an AVIC unit has a totally different look... but you get an idea. Do a search on here, lots of members have units like that installed...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
meb885,
Thanks for posting pics! that looks pretty good! I see it looks like you have XM installed. Did you use the Pioneer XM tuner, and if so, where did you mount it?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
38 Posts
i don't feel like pulling it apart to take a picture. i ziptied the xm tuner in behind the panel near the glove box (when you open the passenger door and look at the side of the glove box there is that removable panel) It Barely Fit, But the Factory XM Tuner is down behind the glove box a ways and i needed the Pioneer XM tuner close enough to that to run the GM XM Antenna up to the Pioneer One so i could keep my XM Antenna as the Sharkfin instead of adding another antenna to the roof. i'll take a pic later if i get some time.

In case you decide to ask my microphone is on the A-Pillar and works just fine :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no need to take apart, just wondering if it could be mounted behind the dash. thanks alot!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
599 Posts
heres my Avic D3 when i had it.

I installed it in about an hour. It's basically the same installation as the F900BT. Just make sure you have the antenna adapter, dash trim kit, and wiring harness. (GMOS-01 for non bose, GMOS-04 for bose).

I'm going to be getting the F900BT soon since I can get them for 550 shipped brand new. Plus I'm sick of the boring single din I installed after I took out my old avic.

Good luck with the install :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
it was cluttered behind my dash by the time i put the pioneer harnesses, GMOS-04 Unit with it's 2 harnesses, and the wiring going to the SWI-PS all back there.... i made sure my GMOS-04 was easily pulled out without disturbing anything else thru pushing in the pins on the glovebox and lowering it...this made adjusting the chimes and output level to the bose amp much easier. you have a 08 LS. Bose or no Bose?

I used the GM-K422 Dash Kit (was $1.00 on ebay when i got it), Either GMOS-04 for Bose or GMOS-01 for Non Bose to keep your Chimes and Onstar, and an Antenna Adaptor, Pretty Standard.... Easy to run IP-Bus Cable from XM to Back of Radio.... If you want to use my concept of using the GM XM Antenna Cable, you will have to cut the trim piece around it a little once you disconnect it from the factory xm unit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
F-90BT On Amazon.com

$561.44.

Be Sure it says "from 6ave" this is 6th Avenue Electronics in NY and NJ, they are just about the only online seller of these that is ACTUALLY a Pioneer Premiere Authorized Dealer, Meaning you still get Pioneer's 2 Year Warranty on it. If you get it from Ebay or Another online reseller your warranty is null and void.

I got mine from there and the only way to get the 561.44 price is thru Amazon.com...if u go to 6ave.com it will prob be at $999

Retail stores around me (Remember Best Buy, etc won't have the F90 since it's Pioneer Premiere) sell it for about $800

-Mark

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
I have the f-90bt in my TB and LOVE it.
I need to figure out how to get the Chevy Emblem on the display at start up that's pretty cool. I have the factory bose in mine that sucked because i had to cram all that extra wiring in there cause you use the preouts on the radio for the speakers.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
599 Posts
F-90BT On Amazon.com

$561.44.

Be Sure it says "from 6ave" this is 6th Avenue Electronics in NY and NJ, they are just about the only online seller of these that is ACTUALLY a Pioneer Premiere Authorized Dealer, Meaning you still get Pioneer's 2 Year Warranty on it. If you get it from Ebay or Another online reseller your warranty is null and void.

I got mine from there and the only way to get the 561.44 price is thru Amazon.com...if u go to 6ave.com it will prob be at $999

Retail stores around me (Remember Best Buy, etc won't have the F90 since it's Pioneer Premiere) sell it for about $800

-Mark
or....tada!

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVICF90...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1318

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the f-90bt in my TB and LOVE it.
I need to figure out how to get the Chevy Emblem on the display at start up that's pretty cool. I have the factory bose in mine that sucked because i had to cram all that extra wiring in there cause you use the preouts on the radio for the speakers.

put these JPG files onto a SD card or USB Thumb Drive, Go into the menus and find the one for splash screens, and clock IMPORT FROM SD or USB at the Bottom, select, and your done.

·
Registered
saab 9_7x
3 Posts
F90bt

Thank you for all the information.
I just purchased the F90BT from 6ave and will post pics when I am complete.

I own the Saab 7-7x in a 5.3 and it will be nice to have all of these integrated into one head unit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you for all the information.
I just purchased the F90BT from 6ave and will post pics when I am complete.

I own the Saab 7-7x in a 5.3 and it will be nice to have all of these integrated into one head unit.
welcome to the site RDY357

At the top of any of the forum pages click the User CP Button, than click "Edit Your Details" at the top Left, Fill in your Truck Info and Location that way on all posts going forward it will show at the top so u dont need to explain what you drive in every post :)

And let us know if u need tips on installing/doing the hardware bypass to allow you to watch dvd's and use all phone features at any speed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts