Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just got a trailblazer (details below) and I've got my radar detector hardwired and I'm loving the vehicle! CD player wouldn't eject, tried all the suggestions, no dice. Got a deal on a Pioneer AVH-P4100dvd head unit from a friend who upgraded, now my mind is blown at all the harness options. Please help!

Vehicle:
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT 4.2 2wd
OnStar, No Bose, with Steering Wheel controls.

I don't care about retaining OnStar or any of the factory chimes, but I'd like to keep my steering wheel controls and the rear seat access panel (if for nothing but the climate control features back there). I'd also really like to keep the compass in the rearview mirror working if possible (not sure if it's tied to the OnStar stuff).

I found this harness: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18027_PAC-SWI-PSv1-New-Version-of-SWI-PS.html

It says it would keep the steering wheel and rear access panel. Would I be able to use just that harness and then a "normal" aftermarket harness to install the head unit without losing anything BESIDES the chimes/onstar? Thanks for your help folks, looking forward to being a member of the community!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts