Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get both for about the same price but I can not decide on which one to get. The 3100 has a smaller screen but the thing about the 4000 I am scared about is having problems with the knob.

Which one?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jBGZZK1Eitl/p_130AVHP310/Pioneer-AVH-P3100DVD.html

or

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WkMgcSwU3FK/p_130AVHP400/Pioneer-AVH-P4000DVD.html

Also confused as to why Crutchfield and other online carriers have the RMS at 14w RMS for both of these whereas the Pioneer website has it at 22w RMS

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i think the 3100 looks a lot more attractive.

as for the wattage, not much of a difference, imo.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
52 Posts
I'll go on record for the 3100. I just put one in the TB a month ago, and it's a beautiful piece of equipment.

I believe the 4000 is last year's version of the 4100.

As for the power, it's not a big deal if you ask me. Either way, you're increasing output a bit from the stock unit (I think - haven't researched that, but typical factory units put out less than 14 watts, or they used to).

Between the slightly increased power, and the better sound processing, the stock speakers are producing, IMHO, a much better sound than with the stock head unit.

For the record, I do not have the bose system.

-jk

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I just put the 3100 in my tb last week. It works perfect.

I say go with the 3100. I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
go for the 3100

that 4000 unit is wwaaayyyy overpriced...

i initially wanted the 4000 too untill i convinced my friend to get it for his wrx...way happy i didnt get it...doesnt feel right to me

the 3100's new buttons are sexy as hell too and it illuminates in blue...preety cool to me...

reguardless yu can find that 4000 for about 250...thats my :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the responses. I went by a local shop and looked at the 3100 and I am going to go with that.

Where did yall purchase your kit and harness, for those that have installed this? Is there a specific brand you have used?

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
967 Posts
One of the advantages of buying from Crutchfield is that they will give you the mounting kit, harnesses, and full instructions with diagrams on how to take apart what ever needs to be to install it. No one has better customer service. They offer free lifetime tech support, and one the most hassle free return policies I've ever dealt with. They even pay for the return shipping. I sound like a commercial. But they are really good at what they do.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
967 Posts
Give them a call. They know their stuff. Sometimes their web site recommends things that a tech might know more about, and be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
These are the metra harness the GMT-360's use

GMRC-01 retains door chimes, no onstar, no bose

GMOS-01 retains door chimes and onstar, no bose

GMOS-04 Retains door chimes, onstar, and works with bose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts