Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my daughters car.
She had requested to get her Initials onto her grill which was a Billet grill no more GMC. I told her she was nuts and it was not happening.
Ah well, so I got bored a few days later and did some research. 3 Belt Buckles later and 2 Italian Grill badges and this is what happened!

I had to use Wire Bullet connectors to pinch the Knob on the belt buckle then cut the head of a screw and crimped solder that into the other end of the bullet connector, essentially transforming the Ball of the buckle to a 2.5inch screw.
Yanked off the loop part of the belt buckle flipped it around bent out the ends so it was now 2 2inch long metal bars sticking through the grill. Bent those back to grab the grill and bolted the other end to a crafted rectangular washer so it would grab the back of the grill on tightening the screw.

Grill off the car and on the car.
NOTE: those headlights dont have the orange lenses in them anymore! When it stops raining I will get some pics of them changed!

BTW the Belt Buckles are Solid Metal Chrome plated. I couldn't find anythign else like it online so hey looks good to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
I like the billet grill, but I probably would have done the initals under the grill and seen if you could get something to fit in the gmc holes on the under grill but thats just my :m2:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The demand was for Chrome initials!!!!!!!
I must have searched for a week for something that would meet that demand!
Also something that would be able to withstand stones hitting them. These are solid metal they are pretty heavy!!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly that and more!
Preferred to following the herd off the cliff.

What fun is there in going to a car show where all the cars are blackouts?
For now she wants Chrome everywhere which is a major pain maybe she will change to blackout.
I am prepared though, I have quite a few cans of DupliColor High Gloss Black and the accompanying Clear coat!!!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok De-Cheesed...... Bam Denali now..... Obama called and asked me to change it.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe you have better taste than your daughter does :dielaugh:
BUT what about after I get these newly chromed side moldings on?
I haven't seen anyone take the time and redo the side molding like this. Sucks i got the idea after taking it completely off causing me great finger pain removing foam tape! googone doesnt work well with foam in the way, just heat gun and finger pain, sigh

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
The mods are looking good.....are you sure it ain't your Envoy......LOL

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The mods are looking good.....are you sure it ain't your Envoy......LOL
If her truck doesn't look cooler than everyone elses she will want to sell it and get a prius! :mad:

I like fabricating stuff, I need a damn welder so I can get that damn resonator off!!!!
efan and LED's are next! I just went crazy on ebay for led's and led strips. sigh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts