Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just here to show you some pics of my tb.

Mods/Accessories:
-Sirius Satellite Radio, purchased in 2007 with a lifetime subscription.
-20'' Dale Earnhardt American Racing Wheels.
-Custom Exhaust, 3' pipe 4' tip.
-8000K HIDs.
-Quad Headlights.
-Blue LED Reverse and Front Interior Lights.
-Removed Roof Crossbars and Rear Emblems.

Future:
-AirRaid Air Intake and Throttle Body?

Alright guys, I think I'm just about done with the tb. I really appreciate all the help though. :hail: the forum.

Thanks again.

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
268 Posts
Looks good...:thumbsup:, but I would remove the side door mouldings, to get the nice clean look:m2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K so I took the molding off the side. This is what it looks like. Plus I installed a red horn. What do you guys think?
IMAG0060.JPG

·
Registered
chevy
287 Posts
Looks good, Keep it clean I like, my only suggestions would be loose the side moldings, and mud flaps. tint the rear taillights and maybe swap the chrome nerf bars for black. Otherwise the exhaust and rims look good with the color.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Nice start. I agree, lose the side mouldings and try to find a better location for the Sirius radio or at least hide the wires. ProClip has dash mounts that will fit that radio.

BTW, whats up with the red horn?????

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2,251 Posts
-Custom Exhaust, 3' pipe 4' tip.
Wow! I'm still laughing at that!You'd need at least a 2' lift kit!
:dielaugh: Screw that! Drop it! Then lose the roof rack (unless you're using it). :thumbsup:

I actually don't mind the chrome nerf bars - compliments the rims and tail pipes. :m2:

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
237 Posts
You need to Jack that thing up! Contact is Marckmc. The roof rack will come in handy when you decide to mount baja lights and spare tire carrier.(sorry Harmless lol, but we need more lifted TB's) Nice rims though!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
You need to Jack that thing up! Contact is Marckmc. The roof rack will come in handy when you decide to mount baja lights and spare tire carrier.(sorry Harmless lol, but we need more lifted TB's) Nice rims though!
Man, he's gotta bag it! (sorry Trailboy, MarkMC) :laugh: We need more Mall-Rated TV's out there! :rotfl:

(bag me!)

You missed it too! He said 3' pipe and 4' tip instead of 3" pipe and 4" tip.
:crackup: You're right, I did!!

Heck, as long as he doesn't make it look like this...

Or this...

We might just let him live... :raspberry

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Side Mouldings.. I wanna take em off, but seeing how tough the adhesive of the "Trailbazer" rear emblem, I'm kind of hesitant. The glue is still visible. I used Goo-Gone and it took me like an hour, still not done. Anyways.. It's adhesive bebind that "Trailblazer" side emblem right? If there is, it should be a lot of it, and difficult for me to take it off. Unless you guys have had success with it?

Roof Rack.. I removed crossbars, I wanna leave the rack on though because I run my antenna for my Sirius through the drivers side and the antenna is protected somewhat, under that roof rack.

Side Rail.. Ya I like the side rail.. just as someone mentioned earlier, it compliments the other shiny pieces.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
The easiest way to remove the moulding is to have it sit in the sun for a few hours (softens up the adhesive) and use a nylon fishing line to "saw" the moulding off. Whatever you do DO NOT PULL on the items as that carries a BIG risk of peeling the paint along with the glue.

You can then use acetone and a clean rag to dilute what's left of the adhesive. Wash thoroughly and then wax to protect the paint.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
173 Posts
I agree with color matching the horn, otherwise maybe make it bigger? Kinda gives off a "get the f*ck out the way!" vibe that I really dig. Nobody f*cks with TV with a huge horn.
Could you snap a few pics of the underside so I can show an exhaust shop that duals are actually possible? How much did you pay for the duals (minus tips)?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ya i could do that. It cost like $550. It was a Thrush muffler, dual welded chamber. I think we went 3" (not 3' lol) in and 3" out with a 4" tip. We took out the 2.75 pipe out that runs after the cat and put in a 3 in. Pics will be up in about 4 hours, I'm just closing at the liquor store right now. Ya it was 550, it can be less though because he overcharged me for the tips. You could probably do it for 400 even, that's including labor. Just make sure the guy that's doing the work is an older fellow, because the one that did mine has 20+ years experience. Not that I'm dissing younger fellas, in my opinion bending pipe seems like a tricky task, and i was happy with the result.

O, and i removed spare tire and threw it in the back.. I dont like the look of spare tire.. all dirty and such. Ya so they did the exhaust with the spare tire removed, if that is what you're wondering. I went with custom cuz Borla was too expensive and magnaflow has those cans

wow sorry my reading sux.. w/o tips it costed like 450.

350*...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts