Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,420 Posts
I'm surprised Kevin hasn't killed you with replies stating to change your shifter knob yet lol... he usually does that...:weird:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,786 Posts
I'm surprised Kevin hasn't killed you with replies stating to change your shifter knob yet lol... he usually does that...:weird:
Interior looks great. Since Kevin is slacking off a little...

Maybe you should update your shifter to the 05+ years. Its a huge improvement. Though I haven't done the mode yet :ugh:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
105 Posts
WOW!! that is mega work, how are u preventing scratches? Clear coating for protection?

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I'm feeling like I'm pretty close to finished. I originally wanted to go all black, but I am really liking the amount of tan that's left. A couple more pieces to paint and some two tone seats and tint, and i'll be able to move to the exterior.

Ran out of clear coat late, so I put the console in just to be finished with it. I'll probably pull back out to clear, but clear was applied to the rest. Except for the vinyl.

Tim, I'm about thirty-forty minutes from Cape May and about ten from Atlantic City.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,219 Posts
Thanks. I'm feeling like I'm pretty close to finished. I originally wanted to go all black, but I am really liking the amount of tan that's left. A couple more pieces to paint and some two tone seats and tint, and i'll be able to move to the exterior.

Ran out of clear coat late, so I put the console in just to be finished with it. I'll probably pull back out to clear, but clear was applied to the rest. Except for the vinyl.

Tim, I'm about thirty-forty minutes from Cape May and about ten from Atlantic City.
My sister owns a shore house near cape may...so maybe sometime this spring, we can meet up in AC. I would love to paint my carpet black. I'd like to see what it looks like in person though...although from the pictures, it looks pretty good.

You must have a garage right? Either that or a very high tolerance for the cold.

·
Banned
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A little more work has been done. I've wrapped the console in black suede and covered the headliner in the same. I also painted the trim for the A and B pillars black. But I think I may have gotten ahead of myself. I've decided to go with tan leather for the seats, and I am not sure if the rest of the interior being black will put them out of place. Any thoughts on this? I've seen other cars with the same theme. I've seen it on TB's, too. But only with the lighter headliner and pillars. I hate to take down the black suede to do it in tan, but I'm dead set on the leather upholstery I'm getting for the seats.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
A little more work has been done. I've wrapped the console in black suede and covered the headliner in the same. I also painted the trim for the A and B pillars black. But I think I may have gotten ahead of myself. I've decided to go with tan leather for the seats, and I am not sure if the rest of the interior being black will put them out of place. Any thoughts on this? I've seen other cars with the same theme. I've seen it on TB's, too. But only with the lighter headliner and pillars. I hate to take down the black suede to do it in tan, but I'm dead set on the leather upholstery I'm getting for the seats.
id go with a dark gray or black seat,,,just my opinoin though

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
any way to dull up the black painted pieces to give it more of an OEM factory look instead of a gross shine like it has permanent Armor-all smeared all over it? :undecided

·
Banned
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
any way to dull up the black painted pieces to give it more of an OEM factory look instead of a gross shine like it has permanent Armor-all smeared all over it? :undecided
If that is the look you want, I would use the flat black dupli color with a matte clear coat. If you prep it the same way you did you dash and door parts that are red, it should hold up great. I have a few touch ups to do so far, as I expected, but all in all, the end result will be damn good. Waiting for warmer weather to do the doors, and I've got my upholstery coming this week hopefully, but a really good deal is being an ebay pain in the ass. Don't know why, though. Seller has a perfect rep and everything. But for the price I cannot complain I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts