Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go with a two tone look for the interior. Here are the first progress shots. Starting from the back and working my way forward. I will be doing the doors, dash, and console in black, as well as all of the trim pieces on the seats, leaving the upper trim and headliner tan. What should I do about he seats, though? Leave tan cloth, go the tan leather, or go to black leather?

Before

Now

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That turned out MUCH better than I imagined it would have...

I like the 2-tone in the rear...

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
you forgot to prep the fuse box cover :p unless you are going to paint it black as well

looks good so far and I think you should do black leather seats.. make it look like an SS on the inside but with the Tan instead of the light Ivory

·
Banned
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you forgot to prep the fuse box cover :p unless you are going to paint it black as well

looks good so far and I think you should do black leather seats.. make it look like an SS on the inside but with the Tan instead of the light Ivory
Good looking out. Fuse box is going black tomorrow. I was thinking the black myself.But I can deal with tan for now until someone throws a set of seats up for sale.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
105 Posts
You could go two tone with the seats too if you want. Go to www. Katzskin.com, they have a way to see different configurations before you buy. There are many for you to choose from.

Griff

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
exactly what i've been doing but the paint isnt the look i wanted. i found a salvage envoy so i'm taking the interior out of that :thumbsup: looks good though, is the carpet painted aswell

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
looks good!,,my envoy had that cream color on the upper plastic and on my headliner...I used the duplicolor vynl paint for the plastics and just had my headliner redone to match my dark grey seats...I hated that light cream color.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
468 Posts
What prep work did you do?
And exactly what paint did you use?
btw, looks real nice! I can't wait to start painting my interior!

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
What prep work did you do?
And exactly what paint did you use?
btw, looks real nice! I can't wait to start painting my interior!
i washed all my plastic trim with warm soapy water.... the paint i used was dupicolors vynl paint,,it says you can even paint carpet with it but id be leary bout that lol

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
17 Posts
i washed all my plastic trim with warm soapy water.... the paint i used was dupicolors vynl paint,,it says you can even paint carpet with it but id be leary bout that lol
So far so good. I've used the dupicolor aswell but like you said I personally would only trust the plastic. More after pics as everything develops :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used regular paint on the plastic. Washed with warm soapy water and a brillo pad, then i applied adhesion promoter and built up about 5-6 coats of paint throughout the day. and one coat of clear. i did use duplicolor on the carpet. I've used it before when I was a detailer. As long as it is worked into the carpet well, e.i. with a brush or a rag, it should last. My other choice was to replace the carpet, so I decided to spend the ten first instead of a few hundred. I've also purchased black floor mats to put down and protect the newly dyed carpet. I'll be using the duplicolor on the rest of th carpet and on the vinyl, and paint on the rest of the plastic. Seats will be reupholstered in either tan or black leather, but until then I am removing the covers and using a fabric dye that will be black with hunter green inserts where the suede would be on an SS seat. We'll see how that looks and decide which colors to get the leather in from there.

Thank you for all the compliments, guys. I went with paint because, lets face it, it's an older ruck and the money to swap the interior isn't worth how long the truck will last. Plus I won't ever have to see armor all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts