Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew of any more performance parts that i can put on my SS other than an intake and exhaust, I already have those two?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
What do you want?

Seriously, its a LSx motor, basically anything you want to do you can. Stroked and bored 427ci with a turbo, stock block with a supercharger, heads, cam, efans, headers, nitrous, intake manifold, crank, etc. Then get it tuned of course.

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
:iagree: with Sam and Erik... just depends on what you want to do and how extreme you want to go...

Hit up alvin and/or kelly from pcmforless.com for a tune..that really wakes up the truck..but the basic "mild" bolt ons are a tune/intake/exhaust/e-fans/160* T-stat/cam/LT headers..

More extreme would be S/C or T/C..just be careful in any modding you do..pay close attn to your tranny..they are the weak point..best mod for a stock tranny would be a cooler...if this is your DD, then just get a tune and youl be pleny happy, both on the street and strip

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5,895 Posts

sorry... had to...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

I was wondering if anyone knew of any more performance parts that i can put on my SS other than an intake and exhaust, I already have those two?
thanks everyone for your help it was good info and i will be looking into getting some new parts. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

:iagree: with Sam and Erik... just depends on what you want to do and how extreme you want to go...

Hit up alvin and/or kelly from pcmforless.com for a tune..that really wakes up the truck..but the basic "mild" bolt ons are a tune/intake/exhaust/e-fans/160* T-stat/cam/LT headers..

More extreme would be S/C or T/C..just be careful in any modding you do..pay close attn to your tranny..they are the weak point..best mod for a stock tranny would be a cooler...if this is your DD, then just get a tune and youl be pleny happy, both on the street and strip
Thanks for your help and the great info it helped out alot, do u recommend any tuners?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess what I meant was is there any pcm like edge, superchip, diablo, hypretech that you guys would recommend to use or any perforance chips. Also what do u all think about throttle body spacers and do you no of any that make one for the SS?

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
I guess what I meant was is there any pcm like edge, superchip, diablo, hypretech that you guys would recommend to use or any perforance chips. Also what do u all think about throttle body spacers and do you no of any that make one for the SS?
You should be banned for saying those 2 words on this site :crackup:..jus teasin ya bro...

A chip is useless..your computers (in time) will learn how the truck drives with the chip and therefore compensate for it and before you kno it you'll b back to pretty muh stock.. a pcmforless tune is an actual flash to your stock computers where they upload a new calibration, relacing your stock one from GM.. besides a street tune, this is your best bet..

www.pcmforless.com.. and look up tuning in the left hand column..

And throttle body spacers are just as garbage as the pic that Jimmy posted about the tornado... don't waste your money...

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
335 Posts
you mean the tornado is a waste of money :sadcry: ive had them in all my rides :dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put a ram air intake and a stage 2 performance chip and have ordered a throttle body spacer. That's about it unless I reprogram the pcm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts