Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy 4.2l i6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a question I found a black cold air intake for my gmc envoy should I get it

·
Registered
857 Posts
Most of those aftermarket intakes suck air from the engine compartment - so if this is so with the one you're looking at - it's a lie.

BUT - the ECM will compensate for almost anything you try to do the squeeze a few ponies outta the engine.

One thing the custom intakes do is allow you to hear the intake noise - and if you get jazzed about that - go for it.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy 4.2l i6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you I think it is a bit pricey but the other thing is my car is my dad first brand new car. and it is the car he carried me home in as a baby and it has a lot of sentimental value to me and I wanna keep it nice and I wanna keep it in the family until the day I die so idk if it the right choice to go with

·
Super Moderator
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
348 Posts
In your case , I'd definitely keep the vehicle as stock as it was when Dad drove you to your first home . ;)

Besides , for the most part , stock will last a lot longer than modded .

·
Registered
2 Posts
The vast majority of those post-retail admissions suck air from the motor compartment - so if this is so with the one you're taking a gander at - it's clearly false. Yet, - the ECM will make up for nearly anything you attempt to do the press a couple of horses outta the motor. One thing the custom admissions do is permit you to hear the admission commotion - and in the event that you get energized about that - put it all on the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts