Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where the PCV valve is located on the 4.2 liter engine (2002 Envoy). I have a Chilton manual, but it does not say anything about a PCV valve.

Thanks,
Donnie

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,231 Posts
Actually it does have Positive Crankcase Ventillation, just no valve. It has a PCV tube which provides a passage between the crankcase and the intake manifold. Not a maintenance item to be concerned about, unless the tube gets clogged up!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Is this just for the 02 Trailblazer? I have an 04 LS I6 and I was trying to find where my PCV Valve was when I found this thread. Can anyone confirm that this statement is true for the 04 I6 as well?

·
Registered
2008 isuzu ascender
990 Posts
pcv

No pcv per se ,but it is highly suspected to be the issue with the throttle bodies gunking up. I'd rather have a pcv than having to clean the TB every 50K.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
24 Posts
Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but ...

The hose barb on my resonator has come off. This happen to anyone else? I am half tempted to drill the resonator out and screw in a pvc or plastic barb. Sound half-cocked? Should I fix it "right" and replace the resonator, or would any of you consider attaching new hose barb from xyz hardware store to your busted resonator? The other alternative would be to just run the pcv tube to a breather screen/filter and patch the hole left by the busted-off hose barb, but that would be non-compliant for emissions I would imagine. Of course, I live in Arkansas, where emissions come from eating too much beans, so they don't test :)

On second thought, I'll make a new post. Mods, if you can delete this post that'd be greaatttt.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1 Posts
Actually it does have Positive Crankcase Ventillation, just no valve. It has a PCV tube which provides a passage between the crankcase and the intake manifold. Not a maintenance item to be concerned about, unless the tube gets clogged up!
Where is it located?

·
Registered
7 Posts
my father in-law has an 07 trailblazer and after a couple long nights of changing parts with no good outcome, and a few hundred bucks light. I have finally narrowed it down to a clogged pcv, thanks to this forum!! But I am still needing some help! I took the tube off tried to clean it out with a metal wire and some carb and choke clean. I got a little “gunk” out, but it’s still clogged up..and forcing the blow-by back into the air box. My metal wire will only go in about 2-2 1/2” what’s my next move?? Appreciate all the help I hopefully get here! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,515 Posts
I would say get a longer wire and a can of non-aerosol Berryman B-12. Pour a little bit of Berryman B-12 into the hole where you have been poking and let the B-12 sit for 30 minutes or so. Then put the wire back in and see if you can clean out any more gunk. Then reapply the B-12, wait another 30 minutes, and then do the wire thing. Repeat as necessary until clean.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Just be careful to not hydrolock the engine because you are sending Berryman's B12 directly into the ports that run to the intake valves --- it's a very short run.

If it's never been serviced, you may have to attack this more than a few times. But start the engine after a couple of cupsful of B12 so that you don't drop a big glug of the stuff into just 1 or 2 cylinders.

I think using a wire is a good idea - but the best wire I ever found for this type of cleaning is some old mechanical speedometer cable chucked up into a low RPM drill and GENTLY pushed into the port.

I've done that spinning speedo-cable thing many times successfully on plugged Honda EGR systems (our vehicles don't have an EGR system to which I have any knowledge) and it could always earn me lots of money whereas the dealer said they had to replace the manifold - for yards of end-to-end greenies.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,515 Posts
Thanks for chiming in RS and filling the voids I left.

Snowing there yet?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts