Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a PCM for less tune in for about week and overall I am very satisfied.
One thing I noticed which has me worried is how on WOT shifts from 2-3 gear seem to be slipping for a sec or two then then my Envoy just seems to leap forward like a gazelle when 3rd finally gears in solidly.

I warned PCMforless that I indeed had a 3.73 final ratio so I hope that is not it.

Is this normal? Is everyone else's transmission behaving like this at WOT?

thanks

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
That shouldnt be happening at all, all the shifts should be much firmer and more positive than stock. What you are describing sounds a lot like my 1-2 shift when I was stock, it would bounce off the rev limiter for half a second before shifting, not good on the engine.

Might be time to call PCM4Less up

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
171 Posts
mine did the same thing after the tune i had stage 2 and it slip and in 2 weeks time for new tranny. sent the tune back for stage one waiting for it back going to try it one more time . be carefull i paid 1700 for rebuilt tranny.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Interesting, I too am experiencing an issue with my 1-2 shift slamming after the tune. All other shifts seem fine. I sent the tune back to PCMforless for a detune on the shift strength. When using the stock PCM I have no issues with any shift, and they are all smooth as silk. Got the retuned PCM back and the 1-2 shift still slams, but not as bad as it did. When driving at slow speeds with the windows down, the transmission also just seems noiser with the PCM tune.

I'm thinking about giving them another shot to see if we can get it right, but I'm not sure if they can de-tune the shift any more?

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
that was the exact problem i still have. Im still waiting on my car to see if the CASE relearn will clear this problem up.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Well I had a PCM for less tune in for about week and overall I am very satisfied.
One thing I noticed which has me worried is how on WOT shifts from 2-3 gear seem to be slipping for a sec or two then then my Envoy just seems to leap forward like a gazelle when 3rd finally gears in solidly.

I warned PCMforless that I indeed had a 3.73 final ratio so I hope that is not it.

Is this normal? Is everyone else's transmission behaving like this at WOT?

thanks
did you ask pcm4less if they used efilive or hptuner?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts