Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is my first post. I have an uneasy feeling that this has been discussed before.. Ive used the search feature and found all kinds of similar posts and discussions but nothing that describes which would be better..

PCMforless tune... or an actural performance tune at a performance shop?
And is the performance tune at the shop worth the extra money

There is a local performance shop that will do the tune for $500. But i want to know if this is the average price for a tune of that type and if it is... Is the added performance worth the extra money over the PCMforless tune?
:confused:

Any suggestions or better yet personal experience with a full custom tune?
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
I will put my $.02 in on this one. For even the simplest mods like cai, exhaust, that is available for the I6 the pcmforless is more than good enough. When I had my 97 T/A stroked with heads, cam, and etc. (436 rwhp) I had their tune and it was pretty dead on. I later changed my rocker ratio and had it dyno-tuned and only picked up 15 rwhp. So imho save the money do the pcmforless tune and an exhaust or cai.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
33 Posts
:iagree: As I just had PCMforless tune my Envoy's PCM and couldn't be more satisfied. I already had installed a K&N CAI and exhaust but the PCM tune is more noticeable in driveability (smoother idle) with better throttle response and firmer shifts(without being harsh - setting 2). IMHO you could get a better job especially for the price.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
its pretty much the same thing....it all depends on what you want done......use the build sheet from the pcm4less website........the only difference is its half the cost of going to a shop......the wester's they wanted $600CAD for it.....I opted for a pcm4less tune because of the referrals from people on Trailvoy and the price........

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody

Well... im sold... PCMforless it is!!! this is actually what i was hoping for. I realy didnt want to part with $500. for a performance tune. I will be contacting them tomorrow!!!!!
Thanks again!!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
you will not be disappointed.........its the best bang for your buck tune for the I6........they are one of the vendors here and Kelly and Alvin are a pleasure to deal with!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.