Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed a set of LS1 eFans using a kit from PCMforLess. I got the fans off of a 2000 Camaro Z28. The fans fit perfectly and work like stock. I reflashed the PCM myself using HPTuners and copied the new fan data from a 2007 TBSS LS1 efan file. (The PCM must be reflashed because the old fans are PWM based and the new ones are either on or off - discrete.) No check engine light and no problems yet. They are a bit louder than the stock fan, but not bad. I'll post pictures later today.

I really like the C6 efan conversion kit, but the random problems with 07+ vehicles and the C6 fan controller was enough to steer me away. The LS1 efans are either on or off and will work regardless of battery voltage. The C6 fan controller crashes when the voltage gets too low (and yes, it is a stock GM part).

It's the "Trailblazer SS LS1 Dual Fan conversion kit:"
http://www.pcmforless.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74&Itemid=81

Before:

After:
Note, these show the IEATSRT8 TBSS intake, PCMforLess battery wiring upgrade kit, PCMforLess LS1 efan install kit, and a set of LS1 eFans from a parts yard (junkyard). It's incredible how much extra room there is under the hood with the efans installed.

Tim

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
396 Posts

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those fans look very nice.

I'm running the PCMforLess battery wire upgrade kit. With the new ground which bypasses the sensor, my voltage tends to stay fairly high. I think that the C6 kit would probably work just fine as long as the battery cable upgrade is done at the same time.

Tim

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
396 Posts
i believe no lines
just unbolt it and remove the fan and shroud as one unit (together) i did it alot

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
877 Posts
Thanks. I really appreciate it. You couldn't have gone any better with your mod selection. The c6 fans are really picky on fan operation as far as voltage goes. Our battery cable kit fixes most of that but I still recommend the ls1 fan kit. The ls1 fan kit cools better on top of that.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,239 Posts
I installed the C6 fan on my I6 TB without any issues. I used a fan controller from dccontrols. It's a variable speed controller so as not to spike the charging system. So far coolant temps haven't gone over 203* when reading my Tech 2. Here's a picture of my install in case any of you are thinking of using the C6 fan.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
396 Posts
its not controled by PCM isn,t ? if not what did you do to factory harness and check engine light

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,239 Posts
It is not controlled by the pcm. I used the FK50p controller from dccontrol.com. http://www.dccontrol.com/0820.htm. Look under the fan control tab for a better description. Nothing was done to the factory harness other than adding 2 wires to the ubec. One for 12v+ ignition on signal and one for a/c input signal. I used HPTuners to turn off all the codes.

Mark

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
396 Posts
good luck with that man , i,d rather keep my fans controled by pcm :woot:

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
396 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts