Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I've been considering a PCM tune. I've been reading through all the info I could find, but haven't seen a thread that mentions if there are any risks involved. I'll probably get it done anyway, but I would like to know what I'm getting into.

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
286 Posts
No risk just awesome rewards

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It unlocks performance that GM engineers designed into the drivetrain, and the lawyers and managers made them handicap. Torque Management - an evil concept.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It unlocks performance that GM engineers designed into the drivetrain, and the lawyers and managers made them handicap. Torque Management - an evil concept.
Exactly, supposedly people have seen some increases in MPG as well but I have yet to see that, might be because I actually enjoy hitting the gas now too;) It is probably the best bang for your buck on our platform of vehicle

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
280 Posts
I remember reading somewhere here that taking off the torque management puts your transmission at risk?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I remember reading somewhere here that taking off the torque management puts your transmission at risk?
From the PCM4Less Website, which you should go to if you are interested....

Be an informend Consumer

Disclaimer
This Product is intended for off-road use only. PCMforless of NC, Inc. (the “Company”) cannot be held liable if the product is used in conjunction with any vehicle on U.S. roads or highways or in any other jurisdiction where the Product would not meet safety or emission standards, as specified by that jurisdiction. The person, individual or entity that purchases or installs or uses the Product in a vehicle, (the “Customer” or “you”) in any situation, assumes any liability arising from any negligent, grossly negligent, reckless, willful or wanton use of the Product in a manner not explicitly ascribed or condoned by the Company.

The Product is intended to increase the performance of the Customer’s vehicle. The Company cannot be held liable by the Customer or any third party for damage, injury or death caused by the Product or the Customer’s vehicle if the Product is abused by the Customer and not used for intended or approved purposes listed by the Company.

Installation of the Product may cause the Customer to be in violation of EPA provisions on emissions and the Clean Air Act. The Product may cause the Customer’s vehicle to run cleaner when the Product is installed properly. The Company does not purposely bypass any emissions equipment in the programming or install “defeat devices” for any vehicles whose intended use is not off-road.

This Product is not endorsed by the manufacturer of your vehicle and there is no affiliation between the Company and the manufacturer of your vehicle. Installation of the Product in your vehicle or use of the Product with your vehicle may limit or void any and all rights under any warranty provided by the manufacturer of your vehicle. Upon your installation of the product you assume all responsibility related to any limitation or nullification of the manufacturer or dealer warranty. The Company accepts no responsibility for the limitation or nullification of any warranty. Any warranty not provided herein, and any remedy which, but for this provision, might arise by implication or operation of law, is hereby excluded and disclaimed. The implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for any particular purpose herein are expressly disclaimed by the Company.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
564 Posts
Are there any dyno runs comparing the non-PCM4Less Trailvoys to the tuned ones?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
280 Posts
How does copy n pasting the site disclaimer answer my question? I know a good amount of people on here who have gotten this tune NOT for off-road use.

·
Registered
250 Posts
How does copy n pasting the site disclaimer answer my question? I know a good amount of people on here who have gotten this tune NOT for off-road use.

I just provide a source for the answer to some questions people had and the disclaimer, YOU make your OWN Decision.

I have no opinion on the product nor vendor.

Just the facts for people to make an intelligent decision.

Nothing more.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
314 Posts
set the torque mngmnt at tuners choice. i got a vette servo and level three shifts and i thought about the tranny would be or might be injured... in the long run... but itd be just that.... in the long run... ill take my chances. trucks not gonna last forever. im pretty attached to it but its just a truck. even tho i got a crap load or time and work put into it i still drive it like a grandpa. i got all the stuff done just so i could have the satisfaction of knowing its done. plus gas and tires are too damn expensive to be hammering the gas at every light.

thats my :m2:... if your worried about hurting your truck then dont do it. live and learn. might cost you some money but in the long run at least you know you tried. thats were i get my satisfaction

:tiphat

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,932 Posts
I have had this tune since they first offered it for the i6 guys. Best mod I have ever done and after 40k miles it feels just like when I installed it. I would not hesitate to do it again if I had to.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
280 Posts
set the torque mngmnt at tuners choice. i got a vette servo and level three shifts and i thought about the tranny would be or might be injured... in the long run... but itd be just that.... in the long run... ill take my chances. trucks not gonna last forever. im pretty attached to it but its just a truck. even tho i got a crap load or time and work put into it i still drive it like a grandpa. i got all the stuff done just so i could have the satisfaction of knowing its done. plus gas and tires are too damn expensive to be hammering the gas at every light.

thats my :m2:... if your worried about hurting your truck then dont do it. live and learn. might cost you some money but in the long run at least you know you tried. thats were i get my satisfaction

:tiphat
I have had this tune since they first offered it for the i6 guys. Best mod I have ever done and after 40k miles it feels just like when I installed it. I would not hesitate to do it again if I had to.
Thanks. thats what I was looking for. My truck just hit 100k and I still owe a good amount of $ on it so thats where my question was coming from. Id like to see her reach 200k

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
314 Posts
i agree. i got less then 60k and a couple years of car payments left... (ugh....) i try and baby it as much as possible and keep her lubricated with the finest of oils. lol i ragged out my last car... cuz it was free... this ones getting takin care of for sure. everytime i hammer on it i feel like i owe it an apology. lololol:crackup:gotta test out the bells and whistles somehow right?:woohoo:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
564 Posts
With all the talk of the tune eating the transmission, isn't the 4L60-E able to handle 360 lb./ft. of torque anyway? No way the I6 can make that much torque.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
525 Posts
No risk just awesome rewards
Exactly, supposedly people have seen some increases in MPG as well but I have yet to see that, might be because I actually enjoy hitting the gas now too;) It is probably the best bang for your buck on our platform of vehicle
:iagree: Its the best thing I have done to my truck. Even if you dont see an increase in mileage the improvement in driveability is amazing! :yes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts