Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be getting this done soon and i just wanted to know if i get it tuned and put it on my car and my battery does dead or i take off the ground on the battery is it going to flash the pcm and restore the stock settings?

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Im going to be getting this done soon and i just wanted to know if i get it tuned and put it on my car and my battery does dead or i take off the ground on the battery is it going to flash the pcm and restore the stock settings?

no, not that I know of. I think the pcm will have to relearn all its compensations for a dirty throttle body, and things like that but it dosent wipe the tune.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MichBlaze i want to drive your truck if you have PCMforless tune to see the difference. I will be at kensington park:) Hopefully your feeling nice that day:crazy:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
I think they should make a law REQUIRING everyone to get a PCM tune when they buy a trailvoy. :dielaugh:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
That's the wonderful thing about Flash-based memory. All data will remain after a loss of power to the unit. Same type of thing with USB flash memory sticks.

I remember the old days when I had to pull the negative cable from the battery in my '84 GMC and it would run like s#&t for a few hours until the ECM would relearn everything. Good times in that truck! :bonk:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts