Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This arrived this week and man what a disappointment. I feel totally ripped off. There are bolts and a fitting missing from the bag so first thing I'll need to do is head to the parts store. The instructions are pretty crappy, they tell you to route the hood release cable as shown in the picture but guess what, I can't see it in the picture!

This kit cost $252USD and it's basically a 10" x 11" radiator made by Long manufacturing (which I think I see on Amazon for $75). There is a coil of rubber hose and a bag of fittings (one missing in mine.)

The instructions say not to put hose clamps on the hoses after you put them over the barb fitting. WTF? No clamp? I couldn't understand why until I picked up a barb fitting and realized it's made out of F-ing plastic!

This kit might be worth $150 but certainly not $250.

Buyer Beware!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This arrived this week and man what a disappointment. I feel totally ripped off. There are bolts and a fitting missing from the bag so first thing I'll need to do is head to the parts store. The instructions are pretty crappy, they tell you to route the hood release cable as shown in the picture but guess what, I can't see it in the picture!

This kit cost $252USD and it's basically a 10" x 11" radiator made by Long manufacturing (which I think I see on Amazon for $75). There is a coil of rubber hose and a bag of fittings (one missing in mine.)

The instructions say not to put hose clamps on the hoses after you put them over the barb fitting. WTF? No clamp? I couldn't understand why until I picked up a barb fitting and realized it's made out of F-ing plastic!

This kit might be worth $150 but certainly not $250.

Buyer Beware!
Well obviously you need to use duct tape to hold those hose ends in place...
Out of curiosity, where do they tell you to place that oil radiator in the engine bay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In front of the AC condensor on the drivers side behind the grill. They instruct you to cut away some of the plastic in the front shroud and mount it with foam tape on the back in a way that keeps it from touching the condensor.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
What a hassle, I installed one of those super simple aluminum Hayden coolers and clamped the hoses to the (aluminum) barbed tubes. $30. Then you can monitor your trans temp with the Torque app and a obd2 reader with Bluetooth. Those plastic hose barbs you mentioned sound too risky to use and sure won't help your tranny if the fitting grenades while you're cruising down the interstate. You won't even get a check engine light if you lose all or most of your trans fluid and you'll neef a new transmission. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts