Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I removed all the connectors to pcm and ecm and the battery to repair the common power steering leak on d side front basically did it so i have more room. Connected everything back together now im getting few codes
P0036 - h02s heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 2
P0787 - shift/timing solenoid low
P1815 - transmission range switch start in wrong range.
P0976 - shift solenoid b control circuit low
P2769 - torque converter clutch circuit low
P2432 - secondary air injection system air flow/pressure sensor circuit low bank 1
P0141 - 02 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2
P0443 - evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit

I had no codes on dash or any issues till i did this repair. Check engine on traction with triangle on and traction with wrench is on all wiring looks ok and tested grounds are all good. Possible a bad pcm? Also tried to reset pcm with fuse 10 and 28 and comes back on soon as you start the vehicle. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
If there were no blown fuses it sure sounds like a connector issue to me.

For future reference I assume you disconnected the battery first and reconnected last. Otherwise, yes, inserting voltage spikes into computers at the connectors can cause them to fail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be same as replacing the battery, yeah i connected the battery last, isnt it supposed to burn the fuse first? My pcm fuses are fine and does anyone have the pcm and harness scematic?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
Autozone has complete wiring diagrams free on their website. Repair help / Repair guides / wiring diagrams.

Fuses are to keep things from catching fire. It is very difficult to protect semiconductors with just fuses. It is almost always the voltage that destroys them and not the current.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok im going to have a friend check all the connectors this weekend im not good with wiring he says if i can get those scematics he can check everything with a voltmeter. If everything checks out good. Do you recomment pcmforless or ebay?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
558 Posts
Ok im going to have a friend check all the connectors this weekend im not good with wiring he says if i can get those scematics he can check everything with a voltmeter. If everything checks out good. Do you recomment pcmforless or ebay?
if its the pcm, and we hope its not.

both eBay and pcmforless would work. pcmforless might be better as with them you know what you will be getting.
no surprises.

post back with the results of the wiring test.

·
Registered
2005 trailblazer_lt
108 Posts
I don't know if that stuff all shares a common ground or not, but it seems like to many various sensors/circuits to be "+" voltage related to me. I'm guessing a ground problem. Re-check the harnesses to see if you forgot to re-install a previously removed ground wire somewhere; re-check the negative battery cable connections too.

Might be a poorly fitted PCM connector too.

:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Finally got a 3 year subscribtion for 30 bucks for alldatadiy.Friend never came by to help that was supposed to look at my wiring since im not good at wiring. So i got tired of it and started researching on alldata all my codes that are on are coming from pcm3 . Took apart the loom and sure enough about 8 inches back all my wires are corroded and as i was moving them they fell apart in the loom. So i rewired everything and cleared all codes. Everything is back to perfect.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
83 Posts
Congratulations! Wiring issues can be such a pain. Thank you for posting your resolution. So many times the OP just disappears and we never know what happened.
Can you edit the thread title to show "SOLVED".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts