Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need suggestions for tune shift firmness?? ect.?? been reading other posts and kinda confused me since some had issues either not liking the set up or had other problems just trying to fugure out what would be best ... im over due for one thanks
have 3:73's and 255/65/17's

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,531 Posts
I had my tune done in Nov 07. I went with shift firmness 2 and also told them that I tow a 4500 lb boat. Haven't had any problems with the tune at all. I really woke up the engine.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just ordered my tune:thumbsup: went with shift firmness of 2 and midgrade gas
not really doing it to race just wanted better response and help with towing thanks for the replies

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ordered my tune went with the loaner program having to wait for a pcm to become available:sadcry: hopfully they will get one back soon so i can get mine going :woot:

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Nice I am doing mine next week. Just got to wait for the girlfriend not to need her car next week and just gonna let my truck sit in the garage

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
recieved my tracking # yesturday evening be here anytime :woot:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
boy this is dragging out.... it shows still to be in tulsa since yesturday am so tomarrow it will show delivered their tracking is a day behind lol
:woohoo:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
finally installed the loaner this morning now waiting for my pcm to return tuned :woohoo:
fyi dont drop any nuts or bolts kinda hard to find :suicide: thank goodness for magnets....:thumbsup:
and make sure you keep the rubber gaskets for the connectors that came with the stock pcm to reuse when installing the loaner and when you reinstall your tuned pcm mine where stuck to the stock pcm then fell off before i grabbed them they just stick back into the groove on the connectors
now for a :chillpill:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got my tracking # for my pcm :woohoo: should be here in the next couple of days :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:woohoo:well its at the post office :thumbsup: ,but have to wait till morning to get it :hissy: then try to get some sleep before work:duh: will let everyone know how it works out after install and run around a couple of days :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
well personally i was very skeptical of spending the money on getting a tune.
i installed this morning while there was no traffic out (0430 am) after installing the pcm,
and OMG what a freaking difference like night and day i am here to tell anybody thinking on getting one, to get it if i would have known it would have been such a big difference i would have done it sooner! i would totally recommed getting one :thumbsup::thumbsup:
fyi; didnt tell the wife i had installed it she took it out and drove the voy today and she was just completly surprised
:tiphat :thx pcmforless

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Well done. That will be my next mod. With my new wheels and tires i need some extra usable power

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
33 Posts
I'm so glad I had mine done and thanks very much to PCM - Kelly and Alvin. I agree it makes such a big difference over the generic tune they come stock with. I'm glad I went with shift firmess 2 as I wouldn't want my 'Voy shifting like my Z28. I highly recommend PCMforless to any one that hasn't had it done yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts