Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2007 TB the power window button works sometimes but always works from the driver side,any ideas THANKS

same side speaker in door is distorted for the first few minutes

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
I would guess water got in to damage the speaker. The switch is a classic failure from lack of use. The contacts get oxidized and get less reliable. You need to carry a passenger around and whenever you roll your window down, instruct the passenger to exercise her window switch at the same time. If she's hot, this process seems to work better.

Seriously, if it works at all, then the module is probably OK and you just need to hit the switch a few hundred times to clean off the oxidation. You could take it apart and use electrical contact cleaner spray, but that's a bit riskier.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
14 Posts
On my 2007 TB the power window button works sometimes but always works from the driver side,any ideas
My passenger’s side window does the same thing on my 06 Envoy. I don't remember it getting wet or anything, but it isn't that big of deal for me as it only does it occasionally.

I do agree with the contact cleaner statement. That stuff works wonders to help get off corrosion.
:D

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
I just went through the exact same thing. I thought it was the motor/riser assembly until I got a new one and installed it, and was still having the same problem. :duh: Good thing Rock Auto has a liberal return policy. I pulled the switch apart and attempted to clean it, and unfortunately it was beyond repair. Found a slightly used switch on eBay for $10. Beats GM Directs' $300-something for a new window switch! Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.