Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 TB Passenger door, mirror, lock not working. The driver side power window module won't open the passenger door window, door or mirror locks. All other windows, drivers mirror, locks work from drivers side module, except passenger side. Tested relays from under the rear seat, tested fuses, tested battery fuse. Checked passenger door harness connector, probed the pins. the top two pins lit up. the others do not light up. 2nd pin on left side of harness missing? I will switch the passenger door module with the driver's door to test the passenger module. Multimeter check on passenger door module do not register 12 volts or when probed with voltage probe the wires or pins on the motor do not show voltage or light up? If there is a "for dummies" guide on how to read wiring schematic please suggest? Any help will be greatly appreciated especially photos or videos! Best regards, rockridge4

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2002 TB Passenger door, mirror, lock not working. The driver side power window module won't open the passenger door window, door or mirror locks. All other windows, drivers mirror, locks work from drivers side module, except passenger side. Tested relays from under the rear seat, tested fuses, tested battery fuse. Checked passenger door harness connector, probed the pins. the top two pins lit up. the others do not light up. 2nd pin on left side of harness missing? I will switch the passenger door module with the driver's door to test the passenger module. Multimeter check on passenger door module do not register 12 volts or when probed with voltage probe the wires or pins on the motor do not show voltage or light up? If there is a "for dummies" guide on how to read wiring schematic please suggest? Any help will be greatly appreciated especially photos or videos! Best regards, rockridge4
I fixed the door lock and power window problem! on the passenger door! Also to make sure the passenger module (switch work) I connected it to the working driver's side master module. I did the same with the motor and relay. Troubleshooting the switch, motor, and relay on the drivers' side confirmed no problem with passenger side switch and motor/relay.
What could of help fix the problem was rechecking fuses with voltage checker. I noticed that if the probe does not light up upon contacting both tiny metal points on top of 10/15 amp fuses then try changing them to check if the probe will light up upon tapping (probing) both with voltage checker? Perhaps this fuse recheck fixed the power lock and mirror problem?
Nevertheless, the power window still does not work? It appears the tan and light blue wires going from the power window connector into the wire harness located between the door and fender could hold the lack of power to the passenger power window (ppw)? After all the switch, motor, and relay work so the problem has to be in the (Pins) in the power harness?
I have a spare wire harness and noticed more pins compared to the present one? Could this be the power problem to the passenger side power window?
If so I'm thinking of cutting a length of wires from the present wire harness connector and splicing it with the spare one? There are nine (9) wires in both connectors and 3 or 4 in the power window connector. The light tan and blue appear to be the power wires going to the pins in the wire harness. Could this fix the ppw problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts