Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So instead of tearing apart the whole darn dashboard this is what I came up with and I think if I had a Dremel would look a lot neater. Also I didn't cut a notch out of the whole bracket which would make it a lot easier to remove and put in the new actuator the green line shows the vent post that fits into the actuator the red line shows the area where I believed you should cut with a Dremel if you want to make it a lot easier on yourself. Not saying it's the right way to do it but I don't have the patience and I'm sure a lot of other people don't either you'll never ever see it when your glove compartment is closed. And if you don't feel like buying actuators or if you just don't have the money you can turn it over by hand whatever way you need it to be and guess what problem solved.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
261 Posts
Hi,
Thank you for this idea,what is the part number for the passenger side door actuator

·
Registered
5 Posts
So instead of tearing apart the whole darn dashboard this is what I came up with and I think if I had a Dremel would look a lot neater. Also I didn't cut a notch out of the whole bracket which would make it a lot easier to remove and put in the new actuator the green line shows the vent post that fits into the actuator the red line shows the area where I believed you should cut with a Dremel if you want to make it a lot easier on yourself. Not saying it's the right way to do it but I don't have the patience and I'm sure a lot of other people don't either you'll never ever see it when your glove compartment is closed. And if you don't feel like buying actuators or if you just don't have the money you can turn it over by hand whatever way you need it to be and guess what problem solved.
Not sure what you are talking about here. Our 2004 Trailblazer fan blower manual control goes from 0 to 5. The lowest fan speed 1 was not working. From researching online it said to change the resister. I bought two new ones. First one, the plug wire to the blower was too short. Second one, no luck, same clicking noise and no air coming out the dashboard vents, only comes out from small vents against the windows. Third one was a used resister from Ebay with the same part number. Same problem, air sporadically coming out the front dashboard vents (then stopping) and the clicking noise. The clicking noise stops after a minute but no air except from foot ducts and small vents near the windows. So, could this be a problem with the blender or ductwork actuator? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what you are talking about here. Our 2004 Trailblazer fan blower manual control goes from 0 to 5. The lowest fan speed 1 was not working. From researching online it said to change the resister. I bought two new ones. First one, the plug wire to the blower was too short. Second one, no luck, same clicking noise and no air coming out the dashboard vents, only comes out from small vents against the windows. Third one was a used resister from Ebay with the same part number. Same problem, air sporadically coming out the front dashboard vents (then stopping) and the clicking noise. The clicking noise stops after a minute but no air except from foot ducts and small vents near the windows. So, could this be a problem with the blender or ductwork actuator? Thanks
If you turn the fan on and you can hear it running through the different speeds the fans working fine I'm here not getting air to the chest portion of the vents or the defroster then the actuator is stuck to the floor so that actuator is going to be the one that's bad so in the above tread you'll see the diagram of which actuators are what so the one that's only allowing air to flow to the floor is the one that you're going to have to change I'm to the point where I'm about ready to pull out every single one because they're all bad and it's easier to get in there and just flip it by hand and keep it on the area you want and when winter time comes just flip the cold air to hot air and you're good to go for winter intsead off pulling out of pocket a bunch of money for the stupid parts that keep going bad

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you turn the fan on and you can hear it running through the different speeds the fans working fine I'm here not getting air to the chest portion of the vents or the defroster then the actuator is stuck to the floor so that actuator is going to be the one that's bad so in the above tread you'll see the diagram of which actuators are what so the one that's only allowing air to flow to the floor is the one that you're going to have to change I'm to the point where I'm about ready to pull out every single one because they're all bad and it's easier to get in there and just flip it by hand and keep it on the area you want and when winter time comes just flip the cold air to hot air and you're good to go for winter intsead off pulling out of pocket a bunch of money for the stupid parts that keep going bad
I didn't say in the original post that it also comes out the defroster. The chest vents are where it does not come out, but sporadically (will start then stops). From your drawing I can't tell which actuator to flip. But, I guess I can Google and find it. You are giving me confidence to change it. Wife looked up cost of actuators and they seems to be $30 or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Mode actuator is the one that controls where the air will come out. The Resistor Pack has nothing to do with the air direction, only fan speed.

Hi there, looks like we’ve got the same make and model, I think I’m going to tackle this today, would you be open to answering some questions as I go? Happy to post what my successes are later in the forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts