Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I leave in Central VA. In the past week we have gotten a ton of rain. I have been smelling something odd in the truck for the past few days and I found it yesterday. My passenger side floorboard is soaked with water and starting to get that mildew smell. Is my window seal for my windsheild leaking???? Please Help! I have never noticed it when it wasn't raining so I dont think it is the AC drain....but then again I have just starting using my AC again for the season..... I know TrailVoy will Pull me outa this one. HELP!!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_lt
5,240 Posts
I get the same problem about this time every year...as a matter of fact, just last week. The a/c drain gets plugged and causes the condensation to leak onto the passenger floor. The drain is on the firewall on the passenger side, it's a black drain tube. The tube is easily removed, then you can snake a wet/dry vac hose in there and clear it. I probably got a quart of water out of mine. It's really easy to get to compared to many other vehicles I've owned.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is like 5 Hoses on the firewall..... I know 2 are the refrigerant hoses....Where extactly is the hose..... Anyone got a Pic???

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Easiest way to find it is to start at the passenger side front wheel opening and work you're way back into the passenger compartment. If you look in the wheel well, you'll see a small black tube hanging out.....that's the drain tube. You may even be able to unclog it by using a small straw or dowel and push it up into the tube opening. If water starts trickling out, you've found your problem.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
WHOOOieee guess that's what's up with the hubby 03' Silverado....I don't think he likes his wife giving him truck advice....hahaha:hail:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I don't think he likes his wife giving him truck advice....hahaha:hail:
He should be a lot more worried if you come back from hanging out in a vehicle forum with 99% guys, WITHOUT bringing him any truck advice. :crackup:

At least this way he knows you're in the technical forums, and not the "let's plead and whine for spicy pics of the newbs and their GF's" forums.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
He should be a lot more worried if you come back from hanging out in a vehicle forum with 99% guys, WITHOUT bringing him any truck advice. :crackup:

At least this way he knows you're in the technical forums, and not the "let's plead and whine for spicy pics of the newbs and their GF's" forums.
True True Roadie! :O) He has no reason to be worried! :yes: No one could ever take my heart from him....Actually what he said was.."I know that's what it is, but I just didn't look for it".....:duh: :O) & I like to read the advice you give others....Seems you know everything & if you don't you'll figure it out!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
My '05 Colorado had a similar problem, but it was related to the fresh air intake for the HVAC. The door for recirculating/fresh air did not seal. Took the truck a few days after I bought it through the car wash and my wife got a foot bath. Not kidding, brand new truck:hissy: It leaked like nothing was there. And always did. I was pi**ed to say the least. The dealer told me TB's had a similar problem. They finally took the cowling apart and put some appoxy on something and it seemed to help. Needless to say I don't have that truck anymore.:weird:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
124 Posts
Is there a HOW TO on how to do this step by step? Can I just run compressed air into the tube or will the water back flow into my TB?

Thanks, Vinny

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I think you'd be better off with a wet vac. But try running a wire up the hose first.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Is there a HOW TO on how to do this step by step? Can I just run compressed air into the tube or will the water back flow into my TB?

Thanks, Vinny
I would stay away from the Compressed air.. Most of the time a Pipe cleaner will clear it out. This is an issue with the W-body cars also..

There is another issue that happens to the silverado. There is a Rubber seal that prevents water from getting into the blower assembly. the rubber seal is only pressed into place or lightly RTV'ed into Place it can come loose and the water gets under the seal. Easy Fix, just RTV it into place again. I know this happens to (Grand Prix, Impalas, Regals, Silverado, Sierra. I have not taken my wiper cowl of my Trailblazer to see if the same seal is there.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
124 Posts
So I just went out and ripped the rubber hose cover off and a bunch of water ran out. lol I found that there was a piece of rubber caught in the cover. I cleaned it out in the sink and reinstalled. Hopefully this problem is solved.

This site is great btw, I would of never thought to do this on my own...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts