Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this evening after dinner I was waiting in my TB in the liquor store parking lot for my friend to buy herself some cocktail ingredients to take with her to her friends cabin. Well I glance in my rear view mirror as some couple get into their rather full blazer. Thinking nothing of it I continue to rock out to some tunes until I see the brake lights and they begin to back up. The though crossed my mind to pull forward because I had a feeling that he would back right into me however I was too slow to decide to do so as he actually did back into me, right into the passenger side of my rear bumper above my exhaust... So now I have a bumper that will be replaced, which will/should be paid for by his insurance.

Now I'm thinking about my options on what to replace it with; a stock 05 bumper, the newer model bumper, or an SS rear bumper. My question is, price wise and all other things considered how do my options differ and how could I go about "upgrading" whilst his insurance is paying for it. (I'm not trying to "ripoff" his insurance either").

· Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
8,149 Posts
Your best bet is ask the body shop if there is any difference in price and offer to pay the difference that the insurance company won't cover.:m2:

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
I say go with a 06+ LT rear bumper then go back and back into the same spot and wait so you can get the matching front end...j/k but i think the SS rear bumper would look funny without the rest of the SS parts, but the LT looks nice

· Registered
chevy
92 Posts
When some idiot had backed into my parked Camaro......i think he pee'd his pants, but also, his insurance covered only what the cost would be for a stock bumper, fixing the fuel door and to bang out the side panel. It really is up to what insurance company that guy has. The guy that hit me had AAA which...they didn't really want to pay 1/2 the cost to fix my car the way it was. You have to talk to the guys who will be doing the work on your car like WOOLUF1952 said. Sometimes you can tiptoe around the insurance company and only pay the difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.