Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some searching on the site and haven't found much about this particular issue.

The other night as I was sitting in my trailblazer with it idling in park I heard the click that I normally hear when I depress the brake to shift out of park. It clicked two - three times and now I can shift out of park without depressing the brake. I tried turning the vehicle off and back on, when I got in later that day it was not letting me shift without my foot on the brake, but all today I have not had to hold the brake to shift in to gear. I'm guessing it's a dirty switch or short somewhere, but I wasn't too sure where to start looking.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
The interlock is also connected to the ignition switch. The ignition switches have been known to cause many problems and are difficult to diagnose from home.

The actual ignition switch has a button on the underside of it (hidden by plastic covers) that will produce the identical symptoms you speak of when it is depressed.

Then the shift lock solenoid is your next best bet :m2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.