Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as I stated in my first post some bum gave me a door ding right after I bought my truck. I've seen paintless dent removal done in the past with good results but was wondering if anyone has had the process done on a TB?

I'll get a pic of the ding posted, but it is about 1/2 way up in the middle passenger door. I've seen where the paintless dent guys slide the dent remover tools between the door and the window but that just seems like it is going to put a lot of stress on the window, door and trim because that stuff fits pretty darn tight. I'm probably being overly concerned given this is my new toy but any words of wisdom are welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
I've had LOTS of paintless dents removed in my cars/trucks over the years. Don't fret it. They'll usually come in from the door-jamb (like where your build/GVW stickers are at) by drilling a small hole, widdle their tool thru the hole and work-out the dent in your panel, then plug the hole with an OEM-plug & silicone.

Should take him 20 minutes, tops, start to finish, and about $40.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
I saw this article once that talks about removing dents. They got a hot glue stick (the thick type) melted the tip onto the dent, waited for it to dry then pulled and the dent went back to normal. Pretty interesting:undecided

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
176 Posts
I've done the hot wax with a wood dowl. I usually use a 1/2 or smaller dowl depending on the size of the dent, hot glue it liberally on, let cool then pull. Usually first or second try pulls it out. I've done it on my cars and my Valkyrie. Works well. Just remember to remove excess glue, wash and wax after you do it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
316 Posts
ieatglue said:
I saw this article once that talks about removing dents. They got a hot glue stick (the thick type) melted the tip onto the dent, waited for it to dry then pulled and the dent went back to normal. Pretty interesting:undecided
very interesting, i would have never thought of that.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
377 Posts
If you dent a body line, you are kind of screwed. I already had to have a dent pulled on the 2nd day I had my SS. I parked way away from everyone, and some old fart in a Caddy from Michigan parked right next to me, all cockeyed in the space. I knew for sure I would have a door ding before I even saw it. You want to talk about pissed off, it took every bit of self control not to kick a dent in their door. I got it fixed though and it looks perfect.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
625 Posts
ieatglue said:
Did it taste like chicken?:D

·
Registered
2005 gmc trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Well, as I stated in my first post some bum gave me a door ding right after I bought my truck. I've seen paintless dent removal done in the past with good results but was wondering if anyone has had the process done on a TB?

I'll get a pic of the ding posted, but it is about 1/2 way up in the middle passenger door. I've seen where the paintless dent guys slide the dent remover tools between the door and the window but that just seems like it is going to put a lot of stress on the window, door and trim because that stuff fits pretty darn tight. I'm probably being overly concerned given this is my new toy but any words of wisdom are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Well, Many techniques that are used with paintless dent removal are there so that put less stress on the place of dent. so, don't worry about that you must have to visit Autotech collision center for solve your problem. . I have been regular customer of Autotech collision center and it provides expert services that will makes your car look as brand new. It has done a good work on my auto repair needs. ultimately, Best suggestion for you is just visit Autotech collision center once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts