Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have my uncle paint my rear bumper because my TB was in a fender bender I believe b4 I bought it and the clear coat is chipping off. I was wondering if the gray pads on the top of the bumper can be painted to match the color of my TB. Will the paint hold up on the plastic??? If it will I might have him paint my door mouldings as well

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
I want to have my uncle paint my rear bumper because my TB was in a fender bender I believe b4 I bought it and the clear coat is chipping off. I was wondering if the gray pads on the top of the bumper can be painted to match the color of my TB. Will the paint hold up on the plastic??? If it will I might have him paint my door mouldings as well
You can definitely paint them. Just need what they call no sand or some sort of adhesion promoter. Down side is is that those plastic pieces are textured, so there will be lots of sanding before any painting. You will get the orange peal look if you don't otherwise.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never thought about the whole orange peel thing. Thanks for the advice michblaze:thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts