Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like some opinions please. my TB is onyx black and the color theme i want to use is black, silver, and chrome on the exterior. would like to make the interior black and blue and possibly a little silver does anyone think this would match the outside. i am definitley keeping the exterior those three colors but would like to here some suggestions on the interior most is black but would like to add some color to it. :thx

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Not sure about the blue. It might look ok in some spots, but i don't think it would go to well with your black, silver, chrome exterior. Maybe keep your dash black and paint all your trim pieces silver, and add any chrome pieces your can find(i.e. door handles, or any other oem chrome tidbits.)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
welcome to trailvoy, you should start by filling out your CP profile,

but you could make some cool inserts blue while keeping black your primary color and chroming as an accent

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have decided to go all black on the exterior but would like some input on how i should do the interior. I am gonna be painting all of the interior panels black but was wondering what would look better? Should I sand all of them smooth or keep the factory texture? Also what would be a good color to put in the interior besides black? I have put in a double din head unit and the background of it is blue, should i go with blue or would any other color work? Also I have put in rockford fosgate set of subs with the matching box that has silver in it. I have no idea what color other then black would match. Any input would be greatly appreciated.:thx:thx:thx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just put my dash back together after i painted. i was so happy cause for the last 4 days i have been driving my tb with out all the painted pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
219 Posts
yea, for real...i mean, it looks good, but you never mentioned anything about red, lol. what'd you use to paint it and what kinda prep work did you do?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had to take the vents apart to paint them. as for the blue that is what i started with and i put the first piece in and it looked really bad. so i started to think red cause i have a 1992 firebird that has red paint and and mostly black interior so i tried it and it looked good to me, so that is what i stuck with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, for real...i mean, it looks good, but you never mentioned anything about red, lol. what'd you use to paint it and what kinda prep work did you do?
as for the paint and prep work i just lightly sand everything and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and used primer and krylon fusion paint.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I did not want to start a new thead so i am just using this one.

What color do you guys think would look good in my vehicle for the painted dash and center console? I was think black, gunmetal, or a dark charcoal metallic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts