Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to use chrome paint over my red GMC emblem on the grill, as a cheapo alternative to buying a new chrome emblem. Has anyone done this? If so, do you have a pic you can share? Most of my money is devoted to my bassboat, so my Envoy has to take a 2nd seat as far as bling goes. ;)

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Every "chrome" paint I've seen looks like plain old silver paint. If you would fill out your User CP we could tell what color TV you have and give opinions about painting the emblem to match the body color.:m2:

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
ya I thought about that, it would look cool in Blue, but not painted blue. It would have to be blue glass looking stuff for my liking.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
cut some clear plexiglass and put some leds behind it and make it glow.... someone did it with his bowtie.. think tb-luver...

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an '04 silver envoy with chrome handles and chrome "ENVOY" emblems. I just want to keep it simple and get rid of the red. was hoping someone else had painted theirs, and was curious to see how it looked. BTW, you're somewhat right about the chrome spray paint. It's not going to even be close to real chrome, but it's a lot better than just a plain silver. If I do it, I'll post pics of how it turned out.:)

·
Registered
gmc
3,112 Posts
I have an '04 silver envoy with chrome handles and chrome "ENVOY" emblems. I just want to keep it simple and get rid of the red. was hoping someone else had painted theirs, and was curious to see how it looked. BTW, you're somewhat right about the chrome spray paint. It's not going to even be close to real chrome, but it's a lot better than just a plain silver. If I do it, I'll post pics of how it turned out.:)

heres black gmc

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
223 Posts
http://www.flamingdecals.com/servlet/the--dsh-GM-Vehicle-Decals-cln-GMC-Trucks/Categories
Check out this guy...they have one in 'chrome' avail. It will look alot more like chrome than painting it would. Plus if you don't like it it's easy to remove. I've had the black one on mine for almost 2yrs now with no problems.:m2:

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts

My old grille....painted both the emblem and grille with spraypaint made for plastics-I believe it was from Krylon. Very little prep necessary--painted the emblem separately-alot of patience and tape :crazy:--turned out great :D. Have a denali grille now with a black emblem but still have the black grille insert if anyone is interested..... I just interchanged the grilles;)

NeW LoOk

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
How did you get your headlights like that?

They may be covers BUT you can take them apart and paint them to your liking OR have another member do it for you who is really good at it ;) BTW- I have a spare set of headlights for sale if you want a unique look and can't afford the downtime :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
93 Posts
Headlights

You have a spare like the ones you have on your truck now? If so how much would you sell them for?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
50 Posts

My old grille....painted both the emblem and grille with spraypaint made for plastics-I believe it was from Krylon. Very little prep necessary--painted the emblem separately-alot of patience and tape :crazy:--turned out great :D. Have a denali grille now with a black emblem but still have the black grille insert if anyone is interested..... I just interchanged the grilles;)

NeW LoOk

It's unbelievable how much nicer it looks now as apposed to the stocks, very nice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts