Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted up in the driveway. I need to get a lift next. Tell me how it looks.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
looks nice....I've been thinking of doing it like that for a while now....but i just don't know how it'll look with pewter......

looks nice with black tho

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a pewter blazer with black wheels. The colors compliment each other very well I thought.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I had been considering doing the same thing, but just the opposite. I was going to do what you left silver in black and what you did in black silver

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
599 Posts
nice truck. If your going for the off road look, seeing as you said you're looking to lift it, i would get a set of black steel wheels a bigger set of tires. I think it would compliment the car a little better than painted stock wheels. Looks good though, I would just finish painting the rest of the wheels instead of just the face if you're looking to keep the stocks on.

:m2:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never meant to finish the wheels. They look better then most. Not looking for offroad look, looking for offroad. Not a magazine truck. My truck not car.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
As they say.. to each his own... :)

That said.. I would have painted the entire wheel, but the accents do set it off.

I especially like the overspray on the tires... LOL.. :>)

Bottom line is this.. as long as YOU like it.. that's all that matters.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is not overspray, it is tire shine from a automatic carwash. Didnt spray to well. Bigbadbowtie do you have a lift

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
67 Posts
It looks great, but you painted over the wheel weights. What happens when you get new tires??? I would have removed the weights then painted. That is if you hadnt done that already.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was not sure how to get them off and back on. I figure I will just paint that spot when I get new tires.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
Hey, No I do not currently have a lift at this time. However I do have Z71 shocks and coil springs in the rear which puts my truck at about 1.5" higher in the rear than a stock TB. Here's a little video of my TB right after I just got it, Bone stock other than the CB radio that I put in it. Now look at the TB:yes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8VSEC4c1QE

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
I know quite a few good spots to go offroading in the north Ga mountains. :yes:
And to be completely truthful, That mud puddle was nothing, Creeks and rivers have been crossed with no problems in my truck. Shoot here's a pic from August that my friend took when I was crossing a flooded area of the trail we used to wheel.

·
Registered
804 Posts
With the right tires and driver its not hard. With my any 4x4 I have had or wheeled it I dont have it in 4x4 unless I get stuck or think that it is a very good possibility. When playing around and flexing on stuff I will use it so I can have my front tires dig in for some added traction so I dont have to use my momentum. And doing stuff in 2WD can add some extra fun because you have to plan your moves better:D The G80 helps alot too

1 - 20 of 34 Posts