Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I will not get the covers as smooth as the bodys finish, but WTH, I washed sanded (verry smooth). used primer/filler. sanded all the way you to 1500 grit. painted 4 base coats. and 4 or 5 light clearcoats. It looks nice, but you can still see a kind of orange peal effect going on.:mad::mad::mad::mad:.

Why the hell did i do all that sanding if its just going to look (not smooth).:mad::mad::mad:

What am I doing wrong here guys, I used light even coats, waited 10 befor the next coat. or is this the nature on the beast with rattle cans.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
You may need a little more clear so you have enough thickness to sand. Let it cure for the time on the can then wet-sand the clear with 2000. Be carefull and don't overdo it. After that use some rubbing compound to get rid of the fine scratches in the clear and you should be close to a smooth finish. Thats what I've done before and it came out good.

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may need a little more clear so you have enough thickness to sand. Let it cure for the time on the can then wet-sand the clear with 2000. Be carefull and don't overdo it. After that use some rubbing compound to get rid of the fine scratches in the clear and you should be close to a smooth finish. Thats what I've done before and it came out good.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts