Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went and painted my faded bumpers so here are some pics. I still need to so the rockers of the drivers side and the door moldings and maybe even the faded door handles. I used the krylon plastic paint.

·
Registered
314 Posts
you used just regular old krlyon plastic paint, no clear coat or anything. did you sand first or just clean? want to do mine but kinda of scared. you know dont want to start and then realize you have no clue what your doing and now it looks worse.
What about the running boards did anyone paint those? and how did they come out.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i rubbed it down with a towel and rubbing alky. The krylon plastic paint said no primer needed. so after cleaning i sprayed 5 coats on thru out the day. I used no clearcoat. I also didnt scuff it or sand it.

It takes some time to tape it off but worth it. The front bumper was really faded and nasty looking.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
i rubbed it down with a towel and rubbing alky. The krylon plastic paint said no primer needed. so after cleaning i sprayed 5 coats on thru out the day. I used no clearcoat. I also didnt scuff it or sand it.

It takes some time to tape it off but worth it. The front bumper was really faded and nasty looking.
:iagree: I love the Krylon paint.....

I used that on the front bumper...... and i still need to do the rear.....and sides....

but yours look great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts