Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Painted all the exterior trim (rockers, bumpers)

7K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  Eraz091 
#1 · (Edited)
I used SEM trim paint on the front and sides, but I ran out after that. For the rear, I used Dupli-Color Trim Paint. Goes on nice, but has a slightly higher gloss than the SEM. I have proven that the SEM holds up with past applications, but don't know yet about the Dupli-Color.

Some tint on those front windows is next on the list.

See less See more
#10 ·
I don't know if you guys can do this where you are from, Here in Minnesota there is a little hole-in-wall car shop that can make you a spray can of your factory paint. I used it to repaint my front grill as I snapped the center trying to change my headlights, Then my bowtie flew off and the plastic seperated from the gold foil in the back so I painted it silver(Looks dumb). I plan on getting the SS bumpers and a newer year grill insert and newer headlights. But rrrrriiiiiiggghhhhhtttt I can get you guys Factory paint in a spray can. Just let me know. $20 a can. Just figure out what your paint codes are and I can get it. :thumbsup:

#19 ·
Thank you. I did not do any sanding, but I did a LOT of cleaning with a scouring pad that could get into the textured surfaces really well.

The grille bar was painted at my buddy's paint shop the way any other car parts would be painted...scuffed, primed, painted, cleared.

#18 ·
i started this prject....Idid the front....still need to do the bad.....maybe this weekend....before MORA....:undecided

Then it can get all muddy :D

i might try to do the extra tint this weekend.....who knows.....

Soo much i want to do....so little money :cry:

#22 ·
Lots of tape, time, and patience. Good quality masking tape, a brand new razor blade, and a whole lot of masking paper (gift wrap works very well, too, and you get a lot more for the money).

I haven't done the bumper pads yet just because I'm having a bitch of a time masking them properly.

#24 ·
well i started this project yesterday and used the blue painters tape and alot of newspaper. i couldnt finish cause i ran out of news paper. i got the rear and one side of the rocker panels done. looks so much better

#26 ·
just did my rockers rear bumper pads door handels and moldong today. took about 4 hours. i did one side at a time. cam out pretty good. im getting the mirror directionals in on tuesday installing them and then painting the mirror trim. ill post pics tomorrow

#30 ·
Dammit! There's another project I gotta throw on the "to-do" list. The trim turned out great! I might opt for gray paint (do they have that?) since I've got a pewter truck. I don't know if black would be too dark or not. So many projects. . . so little time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.