Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used SEM trim paint on the front and sides, but I ran out after that. For the rear, I used Dupli-Color Trim Paint. Goes on nice, but has a slightly higher gloss than the SEM. I have proven that the SEM holds up with past applications, but don't know yet about the Dupli-Color.

Some tint on those front windows is next on the list.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
That looks nice !!

So you did the bumpers, rockers grille and bowtie, how many cans did you go through? I 'm planning on using the bondo trim paint (semi-gloss)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks nice !!

So you did the bumpers, rockers grille and bowtie, how many cans did you go through? I 'm planning on using the bondo trim paint (semi-gloss)

Thank you. I think I used two cans between all four pieces of trim. The SEM stuff covers really well.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
The dupli-color trim paint sucks balls.. I would get another can of SEM and go over the rear bumper..

The Fusion plastic paint is also very good.. but in my opinion the DC trim paint is at the bottom of the barrel.

but it looks good.. I need to redo my trim again

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dupli-color trim paint sucks balls.. I would get another can of SEM and go over the rear bumper..

The Fusion plastic paint is also very good.. but in my opinion the DC trim paint is at the bottom of the barrel.

but it looks good.. I need to redo my trim again

I ran out of SEM mid-project which is why I switched to Dupli-Color. I take it you've had a bad experience with their product(s)? What happened?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
51 Posts
Hey, that looks really good! did you use the SEM on the bowtie as well? Have you ever had any experience with the Fusion paint? I was wanting to do the same to my 04 Summit white TB once I get it back from the shop.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, that looks really good! did you use the SEM on the bowtie as well? Have you ever had any experience with the Fusion paint? I was wanting to do the same to my 04 Summit white TB once I get it back from the shop.

Thanks!
The bowtie was painted with SEM also, but it was cleared with the grille bar.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
I don't know if you guys can do this where you are from, Here in Minnesota there is a little hole-in-wall car shop that can make you a spray can of your factory paint. I used it to repaint my front grill as I snapped the center trying to change my headlights, Then my bowtie flew off and the plastic seperated from the gold foil in the back so I painted it silver(Looks dumb). I plan on getting the SS bumpers and a newer year grill insert and newer headlights. But rrrrriiiiiiggghhhhhtttt I can get you guys Factory paint in a spray can. Just let me know. $20 a can. Just figure out what your paint codes are and I can get it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I don't know if you guys can do this where you are from, Here in Minnesota there is a little hole-in-wall car shop that can make you a spray can of your factory paint. I used it to repaint my front grill as I snapped the center trying to change my headlights, Then my bowtie flew off and the plastic seperated from the gold foil in the back so I painted it silver(Looks dumb). I plan on getting the SS bumpers and a newer year grill insert and newer headlights. But rrrrriiiiiiggghhhhhtttt I can get you guys Factory paint in a spray can. Just let me know. $20 a can. Just figure out what your paint codes are and I can get it. :thumbsup:

would it still be 20 bucks for a Factory tint coat like mine? 86U or 379E (whichever it is..)

·
Registered
625 Posts
That looks super nice i thought about doing something similar to that myslef.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
538 Posts
did u have to do any sanding? and how did u paint the grill bar? everything came out really nice

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
i started this prject....Idid the front....still need to do the bad.....maybe this weekend....before MORA....:undecided

Then it can get all muddy :D

i might try to do the extra tint this weekend.....who knows.....

Soo much i want to do....so little money :cry:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
did u have to do any sanding? and how did u paint the grill bar? everything came out really nice

Thank you. I did not do any sanding, but I did a LOT of cleaning with a scouring pad that could get into the textured surfaces really well.

The grille bar was painted at my buddy's paint shop the way any other car parts would be painted...scuffed, primed, painted, cleared.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts