Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the EBC yellow (race) pads? I'm trying to find out just how bad the dust is relative to the original SS (vette) pads.

I have the EBC greens now, love 'em ...but if they make something that stops harder, it's probably worth a look... Just not sure how they'll wear and dust.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have Yellow Stuffs on the front and Green Stuff 6000s on the back ... the yellow stuffs are kinda loud..you can tell its not the stock pad on the front..the dusting is not that bad just a little more then the stock front OE pads..the yellow stuff pads have some bite, once they have a little heat in them they have way more braking power then the OE pad

·
Registered
2006 chevy
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatly I'd already installed the new gear before I read your post.

I've gone with the EBC slotted & dimpled rotors and the extra heavy duty greens on the front and HD greens on the back (there was no EHD option available).

The new rotors and pads are phenomenal, definitely better braking than the previous ones.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Unfortunatly I'd already installed the new gear before I read your post.

I've gone with the EBC slotted & dimpled rotors and the extra heavy duty greens on the front and HD greens on the back (there was no EHD option available).

The new rotors and pads are phenomenal, definitely better braking than the previous ones.
Nice!...sounds like we have the same setup. I really like the EBC brakes..it is much better then stock like you said.I think Im going to get a set of Green Stuffs for the front ....im starting to not like the extra sound of the Yellows..lol

did you change the brake fluid when you did the brakes? I flushed mine out and filled it with some Wilwood Hi Temp 570 when i did the rest of the work.

Im happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
306 Posts
UPDATE

I have put about 1000 miles on the EBC brakes and the noise got louder:mad:..but it was only coming from the front right wheel so I knew something was not right. I pulled the front right wheel, brakes, and the front hub to find that I had toasted wheel bearings.:duh:

..i feel better knowing that it was not my recent brake job causing the issue..from what I have read on the forum the wheel bearing is a known issue.

im going to stick with the Yellow Stuffs for the time being .....the brakes feel to good to swap back

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
UPDATE

I have put about 1000 miles on the EBC brakes and the noise got louder:mad:..but it was only coming from the front right wheel so I knew something was not right. I pulled the front right wheel, brakes, and the front hub to find that I had toasted wheel bearings.:duh:

..i feel better knowing that it was not my recent brake job causing the issue..from what I have read on the forum the wheel bearing is a known issue.

im going to stick with the Yellow Stuffs for the time being .....the brakes feel to good to swap back
I have noticed your post was from Nov 2009, what are your feelings regarding the EBC Yellows after a few more months of use or did you swap out for the HD Greens?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts