Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that it is cold out I am having a strange issue with my PAC AAI-GM24 adapter for my line in for satellite radio.

If I start the vehicle with remote or with key, the DVD light on the stock head unit lights up for a few second then turns off again( it is supposed to stay on). If I turn the key off to the ACC position, it lights back up again and runs no problem. Until I try to start the vehicle again so I can actually drive and listen to the radio.

I guess I am going to have to replace that unit now? Should I stick with the same kind of unit or try another kind or model? My other option is to re-activate my XM subscription seeing that Sirius and XM are the same company again, but I find the sound quality on the XM unit not as good as the Sirius units. I have heard that any of the factory installed units, whether it be Sirius or XM sound bad compared to the store bought ones. Any one experience the bad quality? What I mean by bad quality is it sounds like you are listening to an MP3 that was recorded at a very low bit rate and is not all that clear at times.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well since i am having trouble with my adapter, I decided to play with the XM this morning, only to find out I had some free channels due to some promo. So on the way to work, and home I listened to it and the quality seemed good this time. PLUS they had a promo going on since I had xm previously ( for a couple days), it was 9,99$ a month. So I am going to put my sirius radio in my fiance's car since I have lifetime membership on that radio, and cancel hers and I subscribed to XM again. I have my octane on XM so I am happy. So by canceling one and getting XM I do not have to buy a new adapter and it ends up being cheaper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts