Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a fan speed sensor circuit code being thrown at me, I’m thinking that my sensor is bad and may need replacing but I don’t know. I’ve failed emissions twice because of this, as well as my engine light being on but my bulb is out so I’m unable to see it (will get that fixed) but for right now my only code that I have on my truck is the P0526. Will replacing the whole thing fix the problem? Or is there a way I can “clean” it and have it fine for long enough to pass emissions? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
262 Posts
Got a scanner or bluetooth obd adapter? You could check a few things with that. How about a DMM? You could check the wiring to the sensor as well as the wiring to the solenoid inside the fan clutch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a scanner or bluetooth obd adapter? You could check a few things with that. How about a DMM? You could check the wiring to the sensor as well as the wiring to the solenoid inside the fan clutch.
I have an obd2 and that’s the only code that comes up, will it make sense to unplug it and leave it unplug for a little and try to reconnect it? I will look at the wires associated with it, but in general my truck doesn’t over heat. & I’m new to this car stuff so what is a DMM?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Digital multi meter.

Does your obd adapter work with the Torque App?

Looks like the code you have is for either a shorted wire or an open (broken) wire in the sensor.

EVFANCLUTCHWIRINGDIAGRAM.jpg

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,367 Posts
The fan speed sensor is part of the clutch assembly and can't be replaced alone. Since the code is for a higher or lower voltage being seen by the PCM, I would suspect something external to the clutch assembly. Maybe a connector being loose or a frayed wire.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There was a TSB (tech service bulletin) years back about the wires chafing inside the tube they run in from the fan clutch to the harness connector on the radiator shroud.

IMG_20190829_105159.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Digital multi meter.

Does your obd adapter work with the Torque App?

Looks like the code you have is for either a shorted wire or an open (broken) wire in the sensor.

View attachment 55280
Ahhh I see now. And no I don’t believe it does it isn’t a Bluetooth one, just a generic plug in one. I will check my wires and more than likely replace the sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
23 Posts
So I have a fan speed sensor circuit code being thrown at me, I’m thinking that my sensor is bad and may need replacing but I don’t know. I’ve failed emissions twice because of this, as well as my engine light being on but my bulb is out so I’m unable to see it (will get that fixed) but for right now my only code that I have on my truck is the P0526. Will replacing the whole thing fix the problem? Or is there a way I can “clean” it and have it fine for long enough to pass emissions? Any help is appreciated, thank you!
I had the same issue in my '06 LS 4.2. Drove me nuts. Took me almost a year to figure it out, but I had to when I moved to a state with emissions check.
Crazy, but LOW FREON will trigger a P0526.
Never had an issue with the A/C during this time - and I was in Florida.
Only needed to add about an ounce or two - be careful not to overfill or you will have more issues.
Been two years now - never another code.
Another great GM engineering decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts