Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm going to retackle this tomorrow and I hope it's not windy but I also got my registration notice after 2 year of ownership and I have to smog it.

Anyone have any ideas where I should probe around please feel free to chime it. I'm going to check all fuses and evap circuits.

*edit, holy crap winds from 50 to 80mph Monday and Tuesday.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update: well no update and waiting for my buddy to get his new shop location install the lifts.

I did put some gas on those windy days and I did take notice of the smell of raw fuel and seems like there could be a crack around the filler neck.

Weather is not so good as I hate the cold so I haven;t done anything yet. I did get the smog papers 2 weeks ago so got to fix the ride!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here's an update: friends got their new shop setup and was able to do a smoke test for the evap leak, came to the conclusion the fuel filler neck should be replaced because of the cracks it has and it sure makes sense.

Although no smoke was found expect from the canister under the spare tire venting it, the next possibility is a leak from the fuel pump ring on top the gas tank.

As far as the p0420, they did an o2 extension and hopefully that will determine if the cat is bad. We both agree that it is bad or going bad but the extension will give the answer if the code comes back or not.

I understand there is no actual fix yet but parts are on the way.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
872 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Reactions: 2002 TB LS

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
After 4 days the P0440 Finally kicked in. The Evap monitors is completed but the code came back and It's still under assumption that it's a small leak somewhere, either the rubber on the gas filler hose or the gas tank fuel pump ring.

Already have a new hose coming in tomorrow or friday Dorman 577-379 and been reading the reviews that some people had trouble finding a gas cap to work. Well I have 2 and hope 1 or both works & I really hope that's the issue.

As far as the catalytic converter, well it needs to be replaced and I found the cheapest CARB compliant by DAVICO MANUFACTURING part # 39110. The manufacture is sold out!

Last month i found it for around $280 online but it's now sold out and prices fluctuate all they to $600 for the same part!

That $280 for the entire pipe with cat DAVICO MANUFACTURING part # 39110

Just a universal CARB legal cat it $293 Walker Exhaust CalCat Carb 83403 Universal Catalytic Converter
*Not including labor for installation maybe $100 extra?

*Edit I was just looking at my amazon order and I didnt realise it doesn't include the secondary rubber hose Genuine GM 15131046 Fuel Tank Filler Hose. SIGH>....Another $30 and now have to wait for that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Feb 20 update

after swapping out the rubber hoses on the gas filler, i still have the 0440 code. Im lost again and thinking its a leak from the fuel sending unit but idk.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts