Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have searched and read the threads and will keep doing so, but i didnt find what the symptems of the vehichle are. My 05 envoy has the code and the dealer said its the secondary air pump and check valve witch i have read about on here but not what the envoy was doing mine is using alot of gas and lost alot of power. Im going to keep reading more threads about this but if any body can tell me the symptoms that might help me alittle

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
I'm sure alot of people will agree that if you do a search on AIR pumps or valves you will find your answer. I would like to take the oppertunity of this new post to ask a very related question. I am having the same code pulled, I have checked the AIR pump. It is full of water in the actual electric motor, but when connected to 12v source it run. I am going to run it until most of the water comes out. I then took a look at the check valve and that is shot. Having not move in 3 months I need to replace it.

Question 1: Does anyone know if you can tap a small hole in it to run the water out???

Question 2: Looking on gmpartsdirect and other sites, I find myself looking at 2 different pumps. can anyone tell me the differences. Given the price difference I would like the second.
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

PN 1:
*12574379 Air Injector Reactor Pump PUMP 1 $163.17
PN 2:
*10373306 Air Injector Reactor Pump PUMP 1 $89.12

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure alot of people will agree that if you do a search on AIR pumps or valves you will find your answer. I would like to take the oppertunity of this new post to ask a very related question. I am having the same code pulled, I have checked the AIR pump. It is full of water in the actual electric motor, but when connected to 12v source it run. I am going to run it until most of the water comes out. I then took a look at the check valve and that is shot. Having not move in 3 months I need to replace it.

Question 1: Does anyone know if you can tap a small hole in it to run the water out???

Question 2: Looking on gmpartsdirect and other sites, I find myself looking at 2 different pumps. can anyone tell me the differences. Given the price difference I would like the second.
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

PN 1:
*12574379 Air Injector Reactor Pump PUMP 1 $163.17
PN 2:
*10373306 Air Injector Reactor Pump PUMP 1 $89.12

i have read alot of these threads and realy all they say is they had a code they dont give any symptoms

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
alright. symptons are poor gas mileage and a service engine light.
I personaly have not had poor gas mileage, but the service engine light. The dealer is somewhat right. I am guessing they didnt tell you were and what to look at. first there is an A.I.R. Pump. The second could be a faulty relay that is connected to the air pump. this is located under the drivers seat (external). The third is the valve. This is located on the left side of the engine. The tranny stick is mounted to the rear most bolt of the valve. Depending on the reason you have the check engine light you will first want to check the hose under the drivers seat. There are 2. One runs from the air box and the other to the manifold. If you disconnect either of these and there is water then you need to check both the pump and the valve. The pump comes out with 3 bolts and the valve comes out with 2 bolts and 3screws. You can check the pump by connecting the connector with 2 pins to a 12 volts source (car battery). If the motor runs then you should be good to go, unless the motor is full of water (MY ISSUE). The valve, once removed, you can check the valve in a similar method. Be careful not to short out the units. if the valve moves you can eliminate it as the issue. All else fails Replace the fn relay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright. symptons are poor gas mileage and a service engine light.
I personaly have not had poor gas mileage, but the service engine light. The dealer is somewhat right. I am guessing they didnt tell you were and what to look at. first there is an A.I.R. Pump. The second could be a faulty relay that is connected to the air pump. this is located under the drivers seat (external). The third is the valve. This is located on the left side of the engine. The tranny stick is mounted to the rear most bolt of the valve. Depending on the reason you have the check engine light you will first want to check the hose under the drivers seat. There are 2. One runs from the air box and the other to the manifold. If you disconnect either of these and there is water then you need to check both the pump and the valve. The pump comes out with 3 bolts and the valve comes out with 2 bolts and 3screws. You can check the pump by connecting the connector with 2 pins to a 12 volts source (car battery). If the motor runs then you should be good to go, unless the motor is full of water (MY ISSUE). The valve, once removed, you can check the valve in a similar method. Be careful not to short out the units. if the valve moves you can eliminate it as the issue. All else fails Replace the fn relay.
Thank you for that response, i know were every thing is and how to check it i just wanted to know the symptoms. The dealer did did say it was the valve and the pump but i will check them my self just gatta get some time since its on my sisters envoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts