Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 trailblazer and am still getting a p0340 error code after replacing the camshaft sensor with a brand new 1. I can clear the check engine light for a little bit and get a p0340 pending on my code reader. The check engine light ends up coming back on after driving just a couple of miles. Should I try a second camshaft sensor ? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,485 Posts
Remember, the DTC, P0340, is telling you that there is something wrong with the Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit. It does not say that the Camshaft Position Sensor is defective.

While the sensor might be defective, the problem could also be a broken wire somewhere in the circuit between the sensor and the PCM, a defective plug, a shorted wire, etc. You need to look over the wiring, look at the plug, and if the plug is dirty, it might not be making electrical contact so it will need to be cleaned, etc.

Reactions: TJBaker

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remember, the DTC, P0340, is telling you that there is something wrong with the Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit. It does not say that the Camshaft Position Sensor is defective.

While the sensor might be defective, the problem could also be a broken wire somewhere in the circuit between the sensor and the PCM, a defective plug, a shorted wire, etc. You need to look over the wiring, look at the plug, and if the plug is dirty, it might not be making electrical contact so it will need to be cleaned, etc.

Will have to locate my ohm meter to check the wiring. Also forgot to mention that I replaced the pigtail. Once I find (or replace my ohm meter) I'll do a voltage check. What should the readings be ?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,485 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts