Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the camshaft sensor (for the second time) due to a p0340 code. Went to reset the code with my obdii reader and am still getting the p0340 camshaft circuit error. I replaced the pigtail (3 wire) did 1 wire at a time to make sure I did them in the correct order , I replaced the spark plugs also. What am I doing wrong here ? Can the variable timing solenoid be defective too ? Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,515 Posts
Just replaced the camshaft sensor (for the second time) due to a p0340 code. Went to reset the code with my obdii reader and am still getting the p0340 camshaft circuit error. I replaced the pigtail (3 wire) did 1 wire at a time to make sure I did them in the correct order , I replaced the spark plugs also. What am I doing wrong here ? Can the variable timing solenoid be defective too ? Any suggestions ?
Did you check for the correct voltage and low reference at the sensor??

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,485 Posts
Please do not post the same problem to multiple areas in the forum, especially when the initial posting and thread are still active. This leads to confusion for not only you, but also for those attempting to assist you especially when you do not include all the information from one thread into the other thread.

I am including my response to you from the other posting you made:

OK on having replaced the connector pigtail to the camshaft position sensor.

I am providing a link to an excellent "How to Test" that details the testing of camshaft position sensors for the 4.2 L engine for model years 2002 - 2005.

https://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm/4.2L/cmp-sensor-tests-1

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts