Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a cylinder 6 misfire code will be stopping by an autoparts store to get a coilpack, will change that first and then go from there.:sadcry:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Could be just the plug. You might consider swapping coil packs first with another cylinder to save the big $$ just in case you have a spare day.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Also could be the injector, injector wiring or plug wire. I have the same issue with my bosses van. From what I looked up there are too many possibilities.
Seems worth it to get the diagnostic and fix yourself -VS- trial and error on a misfire code. :m2:

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
No such thing on an I6.
;)
Whu ? Sounds diesel. :bonk:

I only have 36000 miles on the odo so I haven't even checked yet. Your'e gonna make me go out in the dark cold rain to check now. Thanks :raspberry

Rules that one out now dosen't it :hail:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dropping it off at dealer on monday will let them figure it out, i changed the spark plugs and moved the coils around, and it still is misfiring. so i'm guessing it must have something to do injectors or wiring?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so the freeze frame on my code reader says there is a fault in fuel system 2, if anybody knows what that is could you give me some info. thanks

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
fuel related=might be a bad fuel injector. Was there an exact code?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:(so it needs a new fuel injector and also needs a new fuel rail. the rail was bent somewhere along the line, and the gm mechanic can't put it back with it being bent. pretty expensive fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts