Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok needing help on my 06 gmc Envoy, Coming home from work the other night engine started running real rough, stopped at Autozone did the diagnostic come up with p0300 code, went home and redid diagnostic with my OBD diagnostic, came up with a P0306 and P0014, I put new spark plug and swap out no#6 coil with no#2 coil and put in new viable timing module, put everything back together and truck still runs really rough and redid diagnostic check and P0306 code is still coming up, any ideas? What else could it be? Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
210 Posts
First, check and make sure that the #6 coil is properly seated on the spark plug and that the plug going into the #6 coil is also properly seated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone for you thoughts on this matter, but sadly the no#6 cylinder has no compression (Dead Cylinder) so now I'm off trying to locate a suitable motor to do the painstakingly engine swap. Wish me luck.:cautious:

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
21 Posts
Thanks everyone for you thoughts on this matter, but sadly the no#6 cylinder has no compression (Dead Cylinder) so now I'm off trying to locate a suitable motor to do the painstakingly engine swap. Wish me luck.:cautious:
Before you lose all hope, remove the valve cover - could be something simple. Good luck!

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Agree with sw904. Had same issue with cylinder 5. Broken intake valve spring. With the spring compressor special tool was able to replace it without removing head. So if just that you could possibly fix it. Unfortunately for me needed to do timing chain as well and ended up pulling head and rebuilding it since I needed to pull so much apart just to do that.

but you may get lucky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts