Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy slt 4.2 l6 2x4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ‘02 envoy has a misfire I have change the spark plugs and set gap to .41 ~42 and coil packs the cylinder is getting spark I even took the spark plug out put another in take the ignition coil out set a ground wire to the spark plug and put the plug on the ignition coil out side of the cylinder and gave it a crank it’s throwing purple spark and then I changed the fuel injector because when ever I pressed the accelerator it would feel clogged on the start off then after that I changed the fuel filter and intake manifold I hear a hissing but not sure where I think it might be where the Deion goes on the big bottle and the cat converter started rattling a while ago I think that might be bad but that wouldn’t cause the misfire before the misfire was every once in a while on the tail pipe now it shoots 3 pops every 2 seconds

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My ‘02 envoy has a misfire I have change the spark plugs and set gap to .41 ~42 and coil packs the cylinder is getting spark I even took the spark plug out put another in take the ignition coil out set a ground wire to the spark plug and put the plug on the ignition coil out side of the cylinder and gave it a crank it’s throwing purple spark and then I changed the fuel injector because when ever I pressed the accelerator it would feel clogged on the start off then after that I changed the fuel filter and intake manifold I hear a hissing but not sure where I think it might be where the Deion goes on the big bottle and the cat converter started rattling a while ago I think that might be bad but that wouldn’t cause the misfire before the misfire was every once in a while on the tail pipe now it shoots 3 pops every 2 seconds
Frion not Deion

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
237 Posts
1. What is the cranking compression of cylinder #2, compared to one that runs good and doesn't misfire?
2. What the hell is "Frion"?
3. When was the last time you dumped a bottle of Techron in the gas tank? That, and buying Top Tier fuel on a regular basis, keep the injectors and intake valves clean.
4. Spelling, punctuation, and paragraphs were taught in elementary school when I was a kid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. What is the cranking compression of cylinder #2, compared to one that runs good and doesn't misfire?
2. What the hell is "Frion"?
3. When was the last time you dumped a bottle of Techron in the gas tank? That, and buying Top Tier fuel on a regular basis, keep the injectors and intake valves clean.
4. Spelling, punctuation, and paragraphs were taught in elementary school when I was a kid.
#1. Cylinder 2 130-140 cylinder 3 140-145
#2 the liquid that goes in the ac lines when ur ac doesn’t work yk the r-134 refrigerant
#3 yesterday
#4 I didn’t type too lazy to do all that just used the talking option on the phone’s keyboard my bad if you find that annoying

·
Registered
237 Posts
#1. Cylinder 2 130-140 cylinder 3 140-145
Entirely satisfactory. Higher would be more fun...but it'll run on 100+ psi

#2 the liquid that goes in the ac lines when ur ac doesn’t work yk the r-134 refrigerant
Freon. A trademark of DuPont.

#3 yesterday
Too soon for it to have done much good. And, again, Top Tier gasoline has additional detergent to keep injectors and intake valves clean. It's worth finding a Top Tier station. Top Tier is getting more popular around here, anyway. I don't know about nationwide.

#4 I didn’t type too lazy to do all that just used the talking option on the phone’s keyboard my bad if you find that annoying
We're volunteers, here. Folks that don't take time to create and post a thoughtful question are less likely to get thoughtful answers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Entirely satisfactory. Higher would be more fun...but it'll run on 100+ psi

Freon. A trademark of DuPont.

Too soon for it to have done much good. And, again, Top Tier gasoline has additional detergent to keep injectors and intake valves clean. It's worth finding a Top Tier station. Top Tier is getting more popular around here, anyway. I don't know about nationwide.

We're volunteers, here. Folks that don't take time to create and post a thoughtful question are less likely to get thoughtful answers.
Is stripes or quick stop considered a top tier gasoline if not what type should I try and 87, 89 or 93

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

[/QUOTE]
Yeah my bad it’s just the first time I’ve asked for help about this and I’ve never used this website or any other

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is stripes or quick stop considered a top tier gasoline if not what type should I try and 87, 89 or 93
There should be a decal/sticker/plaque right on the gas pump that says "Top Tier". I'm running 87 octane in my '03. The owner's manual would say what octane is recommended by GM. And, of course, there's Top Tier fuel in multiple octane ratings.

One station locally advertises that their "premium" high-octane fuel goes beyond Top Tier standards for detergency. It's like "Top Tier Plus".

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
<snippity-snip>
I won't even read those posts any more. It's tiring and I have to either mentally put periods, commas and capitalization in to have it make sense or copy/paste it into a word processing program and re-grammar-ize it myself.

Too much work (not "to", "two", or "tu" eother.

So-o-o I just iggy them from now on ... and I'm sorry - I just don't talk read WalMart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced three coil packs on recommendation even though they tested good. I will still get the mess, so I took all the spark plugs out and looked at them one of them was black and smells like gas on the electrode tip. I Replace that coil pack even though it tested good. Now it runs like a top that coil pack out

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
39 Posts
I have used 87 octane ARCO in my 02 TrailBlazer for years without any problems. It does say on the pumps that they use top grade additives. I am in So. Cal about 70 miles from big refineries.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,487 Posts
For Adrian S.: Here is a link to all the gasoline brands that are Top Tier in the United States:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
80 Posts
Regular grade unleaded is pretty much the same across the board. It doesn’t have all the additives that premium grade does but close me to the same. The BIG difference is engine KNOCK level with higher octane being much better IF and ONLY if you have a pre-ignition issue or a very high compression engine but with emission standards it isn’t likely. The injector cleaner is best for “Auto” cleaning but cleaning each one manually is best, if there isn’t a completely clogged one, then that’s your only option. Have you confirmed you have proper signal command to the injector for #2?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Most additives are falsely assumed to be beneficial to engines as they "clean" injectors, promote fuel mileage, keep combustion chamber deposits in check, clean the air and/or improve your sex life.

As a mechanic and shop owner for 55+ years in the automotive services, there wre certain fuels or additives that stand out ---good or bad.

Arco has always been the P.T. Barnum of fuels in that it was singularly responsible for most emissions testing failures when I was an inspector, installer, adjuster, friend of the court in SoCal.

For vehicles that were difficult to adjust into compliance standards, I advised to get a tank full of either Chevron or Texaco (but not Mobil) and come back after a few days to try it again. Then they usually passed without much grief.

So ------ yes, there are fuel differences although they were outside my field of endeavour to define.

Not all discount, off brands were bad.
I have a friend who owns several el Cheapo stations.​
Because of contractual performance stipulations that he has to sell a set volume of Chevron product (his main source.of income) and knowing that his brand is somewhat more expensive than his competitors, he had to come up with a way to move his contractual gallons.​
If he under performs as a Chevron dealer, he can lose his franchise and be fined.​
So, he diverts tankers to his discount stations and sells it from there at pretty much a net-net price. Knowing that many people feel that "fuel is fuel", they will go to his discount stores and buy the same Chevron product even though the customer has no idea of what's happening.​
That helps confuse anecdotal statements that "discount fuel is good" when in reality only some of those stations are pumping a decent brand, because actually fuel performance truths are all over the board.​
For the record.... I am sure there are other owners who ship a good-er name brand to stations they also own, under a less than top tier name. Tax loopholes are there for anyone who can find them; why should just the big players get them?​
So WYSIWYG isn't always a truism.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts