Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I have a 2003 TB, V6 4WD with 108k miles. im getting a SES light whenver i start to drive on the freeway. i got the code checked, P0172. it says fuel trim bank one condition. the fuel system for bank 1 was too rich. probable causes are:
1. if bank one and two codes set together suspect the MAF sensor
2. O2 sensor
3. ignition misifre
4. fuel injectors
i've already replaced the O2 sensor and spark plugs. ive also added fuel injector cleaner into the system. the code went away for a while, but once i took the truck on the freeway past 65, the SES light came back. should i try replacing the MAF sensor now? I was also told that it could be the gas cap. I also read in another post that the thermostat might be effecting it as well. please any help. thanks.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
159 Posts
I would go ahead and clean the MAF (cheap). While I was there I would clean the throttle body also. Then either run a entire fuel system cleaner thru the tank and/or have the injectors professionally cleaned.

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0172

·
Registered
2003 chevy
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

The SES light ended up going away after about 100mi. I went ahead and cleaned the throttle body and MAF screen. Let's hope the light stays off for good. thanks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts