Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Bad intake gasket(s). All better now.:) $370ish. Which is not too bad considering they had it for 3 days because the leak was small and hard to find......at least that's what they said.
Very interesting :undecided Hope this solves it :thumbsup:

(like Chris said .... we were watching with anticipation :coffee)

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK...before I get a "did you search the forums" response, I did. I'm just looking for a little advise and expertise that I do not have.

When I bought my 06 Trailblazer, the CEC light was on durring the test drive. The dealer told me it was an O2 sensor and they were going to replace it. The fuel guage did not work, so they replaced the sending unit. Wehn I picked it up from the dealer, the CEC light was off and the fuel guage worked fine. The CEC light came on two days later. I had it checked at Autozone (can't remember that particular code), consulted the collective brain of Trailvoy and determined it was a dirty throttle body. I had the dealer clean the throttle body and the CEC light stopped. A couple days later I get code p0171. At this point the light would come on and go off about every two days or so.

I changed the O2 sensor at the engine last night, since that seemed to be the first option suggested by most of you. I diconnected the battery and all was good. My wife started it this morning and she said it sputtered for a few seconds after startup which it has never done before. After about a mile or two of driving the CEC light came back on with the p0171 code again.

Any suggestions on what I should do next, realizing that I am not a skilled mechanic, but can do minor repairs. Should I try to clean/replace the MAF sensor? Could it be the O2 after the CAT? Any help would be great. If I have to take it in to a shop I will, but I'd like to do what I can first.

Thanks!!
I've been chasing the never ending lean code on my 2006 trailblazer since the motor replacement in 11/2018. Map sensor has been replaced 4 times, wiring has also been replaced, MAF sensor and wiring, both O2’s, ECM, throttle body cleaned multiple times by hand, seafoam run through throttle body, vacuum hose off brake booster, and gas tank, new air filter, plugs were replaced when we did the motor, as well as all gaskets and it’s only had about 10k miles of driving done since the motor replacement due to 2 failed rack and pinions as well as lower and upper control arms twice. I’d replaced 5k worth of parts (multiple times for each part, thinking they were faulty), only to use some brake kleen to search for a vacuum leak. Come to find out, 2 of my intake bolts weren’t even screwed in, just hanging there on my intake, I replaced the gasket again anyways since I already had it off. Fuel trims went back to normal for a day, then started gradually going back up to 16+. Just leftyet another shop (all the shops in my area are tired of working on ole “white trash”, so I had to find a new one), took it in for a diag, told the guy how my fuel trims would JUMP almost to max, but only when my heat was off, explained everything I’d replaced, and told him I was tired and confused and needed to know what he could find. What he found, confused even him bc it doesn’t make sense at all. After 2 1/2 hours in diag, he leaned on my air box, and was scratching his head trying to think, only to look over and see that my fuel trims had returned to normal range. Upon standing up and removing the pressure from my air box, fuel trims whacked out again. Applied pressure and they returned to normal once again. It doesn’t make sense bc the air still has to pass through the MAF, but he said he looked further into it and found a TSB on that very issue. So we tightened the air box down and the lean code is gone, and fuel trims are normal without the heat on now! I’ve seen it all with this trailblazer, but being a woman, I am stubborn and refuse to give up on it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts